Static when playing from vizio sound bar

PLEASE HELP! Having a party tomorrow. We use our iphone 7 to log on to spotify and play the music via googlecast built into our Vizio soundbar. Certain sounds play slow and or have TERRIBLE static. Please please help!

Hey everone, 

Good news! It looks like the latest VIZIO soundbar firmware update has solved this issue.

Thanks for bearing with us :)

Related Issues

Comments
deepimage

I'm the same. Vizio Soundbar: VIZIO SmartCast™ 45” 5.1 Sound Bar System (SB4551-D5)

• Version: V1.0.0.8
  • Cast Version: 1.18.60243
Amkoontz
I'm having the same issue casting Spotify. SB4051-D5
IMG_4233.PNG
leftynaut

Same problem here. Have tried on an iPhone SE and Galaxy Tab 3 and MacBook. All with the most current version of Spotify and my soundbar firmware was just updated too.

Model SB3851-D0

Seeing the soundbar in all apps except Spotify.

badralbanna
I'm having exactly same issue described above.
caverntan
Casual Listener

Thank you for looking into this. I just got a Vizio SB3821-D6 38" 2.1 Channel SmartCast™ Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer from Costco and I'm experiencing this same problem.

I'm on iOS 9 (version 9.3.5) on an iPhone 6 with the latest version of Spotify (5.7.0).

I can successfully Google Cast from NPR and Google Music to the Vizio soundbar directly (like a Chromecast Audio), but I'm unable to do so from Spotify. Oddly enough, I can Cast from Spotify (and NPR and Google Music) to my Chromecast (video).

My Vizio 38" 2.1 Soundbar version: v1.0.3.1 / Cast version: 1.18.60243

Thanks!

IMG_5191.PNG
IMG_5190.PNG
Gordincolorado

Bump.  No response from Spotify or Mods. 

Also, checking the updates in iOS I noticed that every month since last year there have been at least one to three Spotify updates per month. But it unnerves me a little that there have been 0 updates since May...  Just saying.

caverntan
Casual Listener

Wonder if we need to jam on the "Me Too" and "Like" button on the original post to get noticed...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Vizio-Soundbar-Issue-Google-Cast-Directly-from-Spot...

dbett4

Any update for this issue?

TrojanDan

Spotify team, my patience has been exhausted here. I started this thread on July 24 and since then Spotify went from casting static to not working with my Vizio soundbar at all. I have reached out to and am unhappy with all parties involved: Google, Vizio, and Spotify. You collectively need to figure this out. 

So you are aware, I am now posting reviews of my experience so far on Amazon and Best Buy under the Vizio SmartCast sound bar lines. I'll update once the issue is resolved. 

The next step is to switch my Spotify family subscription to another provider. I really like Spotify, so I have faith that you're reading this and working on a solution with Vizio and Google ASAP. 

AlexZH
Casual Listener

I've been emailing with Spotify about this since August 25. Yesterday they told me that "our team is working round the clock to get this fixed." [Wanking motion]

Not sure if it'll help, but maybe send an email their way: support@spotify.com