Static when playing from vizio sound bar

PLEASE HELP! Having a party tomorrow. We use our iphone 7 to log on to spotify and play the music via googlecast built into our Vizio soundbar. Certain sounds play slow and or have TERRIBLE static. Please please help!

Hey everone, 

Good news! It looks like the latest VIZIO soundbar firmware update has solved this issue.

Thanks for bearing with us :)

Related Issues

Comments
Marcusmoeller

They just ended up sending me out a new soundbar lol. Hopefully that works. 

Marcusmoeller

The support it couldn't figure it out. And he said he has never heard of the issue before. So he's just sending me a new one. 

SteppingStone01
They're sending me a new one, too. I'm sure it will have the same problem,
once it updates.
epbgonzalez

Hey, any updates on this issue? Has this problem been solved with the latest update?

CroatianChad

It works for an hour then turns static as the volume goes up by itself then I shut it offf and won't power on for 2 days. Best Buy won't return it. How do I get a new update? Thanks man

chad

SteppingStone01
Vizio replaced my device. It's working fine now. They have not pushed out
the offending 1036 update out to it and hopefully won't.
user-removed
Not applicable

Hi everyone. After talking to Vizio (and being escalated way up) they sent me a replacement soundbar. It has been online for several days now and has gotten all its updates. Interesting fact: even after doing all of its over the air updates, it still says firmware version 1015 which was the last working version prior to 1036 that screwed everything up. (Smartcast app > gear icon for settings > system > system information > soundbar information). This leads me to believe that Vizio pulled the last buggy firmware update. Version 1015 works wonderfully. If you suffer from this problem, I would talk to Vizio and see if they can replace it for you. They will most likely probe and make sure it is indeed related to the firmware update.

frappes

Everything is working fine for me with most recent Vizio firmware update. Hooray!

user-removed
Not applicable

@frappes, can you please specify which firmware version your soundbar has? Also, which model number soundbar you have? 

frappes

I am using:

Vizio Model: SB4551-D5

Vizio Soundbar Version: 1.0.2.4

Cast Version: 1.21.75965