Static when playing from vizio sound bar

PLEASE HELP! Having a party tomorrow. We use our iphone 7 to log on to spotify and play the music via googlecast built into our Vizio soundbar. Certain sounds play slow and or have TERRIBLE static. Please please help!

Hey everone, 

Good news! It looks like the latest VIZIO soundbar firmware update has solved this issue.

Thanks for bearing with us :)

Related Issues

Comments
dbett4
Here's mine. Nexus 6P Android 6.0.1. Spotify 5.9.0.774 armv7.
Screenshot_20160816-071211.png
Screenshot_20160816-071230.png
AlexZH
Casual Listener
Here are mine
Screenshot_2016-08-16-08-01-27.png
Screenshot_2016-08-16-08-01-33.png
Swanny
Community Legend

Awesome, thanks for that guys!

hoffrocket

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I also have a Vizio soundbar and I do not see the device in the list of available cast devices within Spotify. I do see the device from the Pandora app on iOS and am able to successfully cast audio from there. I've tried the latest Spotify app on both an iOS and Android device.

AlexZH
Casual Listener

I'm having that issue as well (not seeing the Vizio soundbar in the device list on Spotify), and I was one of the people who posted about having the issue with the distortion and slowdown on Spotify.

I have tried Spotify on both Android and iOS and the Vizio soundbar isn't showing up as an option on either. It is showing up on other apps (e.g. Pandora, Soundcloud).

hoffrocket
Maybe they've decided to explicitly filter out the Vizio products in the
latest releases?
rjaykohn

I'm having the same issue - I can't see my Vizio soundbar from spotify on my iPhone or laptop. All other apps have no trouble finding the soundbar. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Spotify app, with no luck.

jameslong06

This is not the problem from the original thread, but I'm seeing this as well. I have lots of other "castable" devices listed in the Spotify application but the soundbar does not show up. It is listed in other apps as well as the Google Cast app itself.

Vizio Soundbar: VIZIO SmartCast™ 45” 5.1 Sound Bar System (SB4551-D5)

Device: iPhone 6

Swanny
Community Legend

Hey guys, is anyone able to find out if it is possible to do a firmware update on the Vizio soundbars? If so, can they post back what firmware you are running on it?

I have passed on the feedback with the soundbars not showing up on the device list to the Spotify staff.

Thanks for your patience!

jameslong06

Whenever you setup the sound bar a firmware update is triggered right away. You can also force it to try again using the remote set in "link" mode. However, I just set mine up yesterday so the firmware is fairly current you would think.

As for the version, while nothing *specifically* says "Firmware Version" the things listed under "System Information" for my sound bar inside of the Vizio Cast application are:

• Version: V1.0.0.8
  • Cast Version: 1.18.60243