Stop tracking playlists?

I listen to Spotify's sleep playlists at night. They are primarily made up of new age and ambient music. Unfortunately Spotify tracks what I'm listening to and my recommendations are getting overwhelmed with music based on what plays while I'm asleep. There needs to be a way to clear this information. Private mode does not help.

I have stopped using Spotify's Discover Weekly playlist because it's 100% based on the sleep playlists at this point. Now those genres are infecting my Release Radar playlist as well. How can I clear out that history and force Spotify to not use the sleep playlists to make recommendations?

Hey @MysteryD8! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Thanks for your feedback! You can share all your feedback and ideas with Spotify on the Ideas board. Be sure to search for your ideas first to make sure no-one already suggested it! 😉 If there's anything else, just give me a shout!

Have a great day!

Comments
Hubo
Spotify Star
Spotify Star
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @MysteryD8! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Thanks for your feedback! You can share all your feedback and ideas with Spotify on the Ideas board. Be sure to search for your ideas first to make sure no-one already suggested it! 😉 If there's anything else, just give me a shout!

Have a great day!

MysteryD8
Regular

Finally! I went into the app this morning and suddenly any playlists that are made based on what Spotify thinks you'll like have the option to tell it if you don't like a song or artist! I went through and cleaned up both my Release Radar and Weekly Discovery playlists. Hopefully Spotify will start coming back with accurate recommendations now.

Related Issues