Stops playing when app is closed

Spotify recently started to stop playing when I closed the app or turned off my phone screen. This extremely frustration, especially when I'm at the gym and don't want to keep my screen on. I've also had the issue everyone else is having with tracks being unavailable. I pay for premium and am considering deleting my account. Sadly because I preferred spotify over Pandora. I may need to find another app

Hey @Carisssalovee

As we haven't heard anything back, we’re going to close this for now.

/L 

Comments
Maria_B
Status changed to: Closed

Hey  @Carisssalovee!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It's odd that this happens. Can you give us some more info about this issue? Let us know:

• What device/operating system and Spotify version you're currently using.
  • Do you have this problem using the same Spotify account on any other devices?

In the meantime, give it a try reinstalling the app and see if you're still experiencing the same issue. Here's how.

Keep us posted.
Carisssalovee

I have a galaxy 7 edge and it's really the only device I use it on other than ps4 which hasn't been for a while. It's never happened before and now it happens every time I close the app. Ive Uninstalled and reinstalled a few times so I use the most current version of spotify. 

Maria_B

Thanks @Carisssalovee.

Just to check, do you have other apps on the background when this happens? If so, can you try just leaving the Spotify app in the background? 

Let us know how it goes.

Leo
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @Carisssalovee

As we haven't heard anything back, we’re going to close this for now.

/L