Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Student] Error when trying to redeem student discount

[Student] Error when trying to redeem student discount

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 12.3.1

Tried to redeem student discount, but after I enter my details it says "You have already redeemed this offer". 

I used Student Discount for Premium for the first time in March 2017. At the end of 2018 I moved to America, and because my payment changed from a UK bank account to a US bank account, I therefore lost my student discount, as when I tried to verify my university it only gave me a list of American universities. So for the past year I have been paying 9.99 even though I am a student. 

Now I have moved back to the UK, and I am paying from a UK bank account again, I have tried getting my student discount again as I am able to select my UK university again. However when I do this it says "You have already redeemed this offer". How can I get my student discount back?

Top Answer
Peter
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

We haven't heard back from you in a while, so we've moved this thread back to the help boards.

If you're still experiencing an issue with this, make sure to reach out to SheerID here first to see that everything's alright on their end.

If they confirm this, make sure to start a new thread in the relevant board in the Help section.

Thanks!

19 Replies

Plan

Free

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I have been verified to receive the student discount for Spotify Premium, however, I am unable to apply it. When I tried to redeem it, it took me back to the starting page where we have to "unlock" our student status and when I refill my information it says that the offer has already been redeemed, but it hasn't because I'm still on the Free plan for Spotify. I have tried contacting SheerID about this and they suggested I do a few things which might help the situation but even then I was still unable to apply this discount. I'm eagerly waiting for any solution to this! Thank you. 

Olá, Venho tentao obter o beneficio de universitario mas todas as vezes que eu tentei obter este beneficio aparece que eu ja aproveitei a oferta, sendo que eu nunca ativei o spotify premium, Ja tentei de tudo, Ja fui na aba privativa, Ja limpei os cookies, etc..., Gostaria de uma ajuda com esse assunto.

Screenshot_3.png

Diane, living in France

Currently on Spotify Free 

Using a Samsung galaxy J3

Hi everyone, 

I created myself a Spotify account a few days ago and I want to get the Premium version for students. I followed the instructions and uploaded my verification documents in the SheerID section. 

Yesterday i received an email from SheerID that says that my status has been confirmed and that I indeed can get a Spotify Students Premium account and that my suscription is just "a few clicks away". 

However, when i connect myself to my spotify account, there is absolutely no information on how to become Premium and when I click on "suscribe to Premium for Students" they ask me to do the verification all over again except that this time a new page appears saying that I already used this offer. This is nonsense though I never suscribed to Spotify Premium in the past nor even used Spotify with a Premium account...

I don't know what to do, except this forum i can't find any way to contact the spotify support... 

Does anyone has a solution for me ? How can i get a Premium Students suscription ? 

I'll put a screenshot of what I received (sorry it is in French) with my post.

Thank you in advance,

Sorry for my English, 

Diane

Screenshot_20190823-190820_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20190823-172013_Gmail.jpg

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to upgrade from a free account to the student premium plan. I've been confirmed as a student, but when I put in my card information, it says that I can't get it because I've previously used a free trial (shown in photo). Also in the photo it says I can still get premium, but that doesn't let me get the student discount. What can I do? 

Screenshot (3).png

Hey there @avryart

thanks for posting !

Are you currently using an account with an active trial/special offer subscription ?

Hi,

Are you sure you have a student subscription?

There's also a normal free trial option  and for me it looks like you are trying to use that option twice.

Maybe this helps;

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Premium-for-Students/First-Month-Subscription-Free-for-Students/td-...

Regards,

René

No, I don't have any kind of trial going now. I just have the normal free spotify account without premium.

I recieved confirmation that I qualify for the student discount, but it won't allow me to actually get premium with the discount. I don't even care about the 3 month free trial the student plan comes with (while it would be nice), i just want to get the student discount.

Hi,

Check this link:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-do-I-change-from-regular-Premium-to-the-student...

Note: you can prolong your student subscription only 3 times.

The link above also includes a link to customer support which can help you if the other suggestions don't work.

Regards,

René

Hi,

To contact spotify support use this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

Regards,

René

Hi,

Please contact spotify support for this:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

Regards,

René

Hi @eleanorn123 ,

Welcome to the Community!

I recommend you to get in touch with the Support.
You can find some more info on how to do this here: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/

Have a great day! 🙂

I tried to registrer for student discount by my mobile phone (Samsung S8 android), but the page kind of crashed. I then tried from my computer (lenovo, windows) and it gives me the message: "You have already redeemed this offer."

and know i'm kind of stucked 🙂 

Plan

Current plan: Free

Country

Denmark

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android version 9

spofity trouble.jpg

Hey, @Oconnor94 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

In this case, I suggest that you contact the Customer Support to get help on it. Just go on there and answer the questions that best explain your issue and then tap "I still need help". Fill the form and then you'll need to wait for a reply on your inbox. 

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.
Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter or message Spotify Cares on Facebook.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey folks,

We’re receiving reports that somer users are unable to redeem the student discount and receive one of the following errors:

• ''Something went wrong''
  • "error 404"
  • 'You've already redeemed this offer''

First, we'd recommend trying the following troubleshooting steps:

• open in a different browser or incongito window
  • subscribe on a different device
  • switch to a different network

If after trying that you’re still experiencing the issue, could you provide us with the following info:

• country
  • a creenshot of the error message
  • At what point of the verification process did you see the message?

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

Hey folks,

We’re receiving reports that somer users are unable to redeem the student discount and receive one of the following errors:

• ''Something went wrong''
  • "error 404"
  • 'You've already redeemed this offer''

First, we'd recommend trying the following troubleshooting steps:

• open in a different browser or incongito window
  • subscribe on a different device
  • switch to a different network

If after trying that you’re still experiencing the issue, could you provide us with the following info:

• country
  • a screenshot of the error message
  • At what point of the verification process did you see the message?

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Hey folks,

We haven't heard back from you in a while, so we've moved this thread back to the help boards.

If you're still experiencing an issue with this, make sure to reach out to SheerID here first to see that everything's alright on their end.

If they confirm this, make sure to start a new thread in the relevant board in the Help section.

Thanks!

See where it says "spotify logo" on your email? If you click on it, it is a link to the next part of the application process, past the verification stage.

Hope that works for you because I had this issue too and couldn't find the solution online anywhere, but this worked for me.

Suggested posts