Announcements

Stuttering Playback using Desktop App [Mac]

Device: OS X

Operating System Version: 10.11.5 

Spotify Version: 1.0.29.92.g67727800

Description: Playback stops and starts constantly. It's been going on for some time now. I've tried re-installing Spotify. I've rebooted computer. My modem is fine - Pandora plays without halting, as does Netflix. Please help!!! Very frustrating!

To reproduce:

1. Playing a song using spotify desktop always stutters
  2. S
  3. ...

Workaround:

None that I've found

Additional information:

Please help! Any sugs welcome.

Hey guys! 

It seems we didn't receive a reply. We're setting this as "Closed" in the meantime. 

Feel free to give us a shout if the issue persists.

Comments
Jim
Status changed to: Closed

Jim

Hey @msondheimer,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reporting!

Can you provide us with some more info;

- Does this happen to any specific playlist/artist/albums or tracks?

- Are you getting the same issue when using any other devices?

- Does it only happen when waking the computer from sleep?

Keep us posted 🙂

Jim

MaryC1

Hey @msondheimer,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

If so, could you send us the information we requested in the previous post? We'll see what we can suggest.

Keep us posted.

MaryC1
Status changed to: Closed

Hey guys! 

It seems we didn't receive a reply. We're setting this as "Closed" in the meantime. 

Feel free to give us a shout if the issue persists.

NgKKh

I'm having the same issue! Really annoying. Streaming has been out for such a long time. I don't think it requires rocket science. I have tried the Spotify troubleshooting page and it doesn't work. My internet connection is perfectly fine, but Spotify just keeps giving me this weird stutter ALL THE TIME!!!!

lprater1

I am experiencing this issue.

I have a 2015 macbook pro and am using the desktop spotify app version 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7-a

I am experiencing the stutter/skipping of audio playback through my bluetooth headphones. I'm using cowin brand bluetooth headphones. 

The audio constantly skips and stutters. It's like having a scratched cd in the cd player.

I've turned off everything preference that could possible contribute to this: normalize volume, smooth transitions, crossfade, startup behavior, there's no social media connected, no local files, hardware acceleration is off. 

The headphones work fine with all other audio. I can watch youtube and the playback works fine. 

Any help is appreciated.

joacocop

I am having the same problem. Please help!