On Free now. Trying to activate 6 Months Premium Trial Offer

Country

India

Device

Redmi K20 Pro

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I was trying to activate 6 Months Free Premium offer from Flipkart (https://www.spotify.com/in/claim/flipkart-6m/) , I went to the page and did provide my card details and confirmed with OTP. It got charged for even 80 INR (is supposed to be FREE). After making the payment, I got some sort of error message "Something went wrong. Try again, or get help." in Spotify confirmation page. After waiting for sometime I tried the same process, but now I got another message as "It looks like you've taken a trial before, which means you aren't eligible for this offer. But you can still get Spotify Premium". I never used Spotify Premium. I have even checked Receipts page and didn't find anything there as well. Please help me to activate the offer

Update on 25/Nov/2020: I have retried today with the same link and now I got the 6 Months trial. I also got the refund of the payments as well

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! As this offer is only available for users who never had Premium before (on your current or another account; more info on that here), everything should work fine now if you meet that eligibility criteria. 

Make sure you have cleared the cache and cookies on your browser and double check that you are using a credit card that is allowed for recurring payments, when you sign up for the offer.

Note: In case you haven't received a code, you should contact Flipkart for further assistance.

If you're still having trouble we recommend you first go through the steps in this support article and if the issue persists, start a new topic in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
PraveenGamer06
Visitor

I am still getting error, will debit cards work?

yatharthv9
Visitor

I provided my card details but nothing is happening. It says payment failed!

Katerina

Hey there folks, 

Just wanted to share that our tech teams are still looking into this! We appreciate your patience so far.

In the meanwhile, keep in mind that if you've redeemed a prepaid card in your account in the past, you won't be eligible for this offer. There's more info about this in this Spotify Answer.

We'll keep you posted here once we have any news to pass on, thanks!

Ashish35
Visitor

Same issue 

imatulxyz
Visitor

Even i am not able to redeem the flipkart coupon for 6 months trial. What is exactly the issue ?  Tried multiple credit cards.

Xenia
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! As this offer is only available for users who never had Premium before (on your current or another account; more info on that here), everything should work fine now if you meet that eligibility criteria. 

Make sure you have cleared the cache and cookies on your browser and double check that you are using a credit card that is allowed for recurring payments, when you sign up for the offer.

Note: In case you haven't received a code, you should contact Flipkart for further assistance.

If you're still having trouble we recommend you first go through the steps in this support article and if the issue persists, start a new topic in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!