On Free now. Trying to activate 6 Months Premium Trial Offer

Country

India

Device

Redmi K20 Pro

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I was trying to activate 6 Months Free Premium offer from Flipkart (https://www.spotify.com/in/claim/flipkart-6m/) , I went to the page and did provide my card details and confirmed with OTP. It got charged for even 80 INR (is supposed to be FREE). After making the payment, I got some sort of error message "Something went wrong. Try again, or get help." in Spotify confirmation page. After waiting for sometime I tried the same process, but now I got another message as "It looks like you've taken a trial before, which means you aren't eligible for this offer. But you can still get Spotify Premium". I never used Spotify Premium. I have even checked Receipts page and didn't find anything there as well. Please help me to activate the offer

Update on 25/Nov/2020: I have retried today with the same link and now I got the 6 Months trial. I also got the refund of the payments as well

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! As this offer is only available for users who never had Premium before (on your current or another account; more info on that here), everything should work fine now if you meet that eligibility criteria. 

Make sure you have cleared the cache and cookies on your browser and double check that you are using a credit card that is allowed for recurring payments, when you sign up for the offer.

Note: In case you haven't received a code, you should contact Flipkart for further assistance.

If you're still having trouble we recommend you first go through the steps in this support article and if the issue persists, start a new topic in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Darshni
Visitor
  1. Facing similar issue since a week. Flipkart says contact Spotify and Spotify says ask Flipkart for a new code. But the problem is on spotify's side. Hope it resolves soon.
Shivprakash
Visitor

i am unable to redeem it. I cant complete my payment ,it is always shows try again. idont know who to contact or what the problem is. 

tejaraavi
Visitor

I am also facing the same problem before this i dont have any access to premium after getting code from flipkart i applied in spotify site after that it shows error and Premium account is not activated.

bjrg

Is the problem fixed? Can any of the mods update on this?

priyesh
Visitor

Same here.

Facing the same issue. They don't provided the solution but to vote here.

Don't know what are they doing. 

Everytime money deduction.

AKAgrawal
Visitor

I am also facing the same issue.

INR 2 got deducted from my credit card and Spotify says 'its look like an error'.

What the **bleep**ing **bleep** moderators are doing!

@spotify

Mario
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for staying with us.

We can confirm the right team is aware of this and they're looking into it. If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread so that you'll be notified as soon as there are any updates.

Provided that this offer is only available for users who never had Premium (on your current or another account) before (more info on that here), it should be possible to go through the activation process without issues now. 

It's also important to make sure that you are using a credit card that is allowed for recurring payments, when you sign up for the offer.

If you’re still experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread so that you'll be notified as soon as there are any further updates.

Note: In case you haven't received a code, you should contact Flipkart for further assistance.

Let us know how you get on. Cheers!

Darshni
Visitor

I tried today and my trial was activated. Thank you Spotify for resolving this issue. Happy with service.

niranvv
Casual Listener

I have retried today and it worked. I got the refund of all the payments as well.. 😇 

AKAgrawal
Visitor

Thanks to the lovely moderators who took care of dis issue and sorted it out.

me too tried today and successfully taken 6 months trial

@Mario