Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

The latest Web Player UI

Hello, I have been using spotify for a while, and enjoy the web player for music on different computers without the need to download an application. It was perfect before the UI switch to a more smartphone/tablet oriented look, with too much wasted space, and multiple clicks required to get to any specific. I really enjoyed having small thumbnails for songs, beside the name, and the checkmark that would appear by hovering the cursor over the songs, indicated that they were saved. The new UI features icons that are too big for computer use. It would be greatly appreciated if the something like the older UI could be brought back. Don't have to fix what's not broken; the upgrade appears to be a step in the wrong direction for computer use.

Edit: the new UI also momentarily interrupts playback when scrolling. Never experienced this in the older one. Also, saved songs can no longer be filtered or searched for. Current play queue button also missing. Too many features & functionality missing. 

Hey @lazy_token

We appreciate your feedback in regards to this and we'll be sure to pass it on to the relevant team.

Let us know if you need a hand with anything else 😉

Comments
jackdgls

Absolutely agree with lazy_token! I used Spotify all day, and since the change have hardly touched it so as to avoid pulling my hair out. In fact, if I didn't have such a vast collection of music I need in my various playlists, I would cancel my account! 

lazy_token

I can totally relate, I would use it all the time, now I am thinking of rebuilding my personal library to stop using spotify. It's quite counterproductive to have such changes, and reduction in options. I understand they are trying to streamline the program accross all platforms, but it's a bad move, IMO. Hopefully more people agree and we get some attention from spotify developers. 

lazy_token

So I did some digging, it seems that I keep being rerouted to open.spotify.com, instead of play.spotify.com Not sure why. Also, I think this issue has been reported multiple times, since December 2016.

JuanCamilo
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @lazy_token

We appreciate your feedback in regards to this and we'll be sure to pass it on to the relevant team.

Let us know if you need a hand with anything else 😉