The "Now Playing" screen scrolls up and down, making it difficult to swipe horizontally.

Device

OnePlus 3 (1920x1080p)

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Since a recent update, the "Now Playing" screen scrolls up and down, as if the page was too large for the screen. I tried on another phone (with a taller display) and the problem did not occur, so I assume this is a bug.

It is inconvenient as swiping between songs frequently just wobbles the screen up/down.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us!

We've passed them on to our tech teams so they can look into what's happening.

If the issue persists for you, make sure to add your +VOTE and leave a comment with the following details:

• Your device and its OS version
  • Your screen's resolution
  • The version of the Spotify app you're currently on
  • Does this persist when using a different device?

We'll make sure to keep you updated :)

Comments
Zombieguy

When you disable the navigation bar (use gestures instead) you can vertically move currently playing tracks up and down which can make it hard to swipe to change songs or make it too easy to bring up lyrics.

You can repeat this issue by disabling the navigation bar and restarting the app.

Device

S8

Operating System

Android Pie (ONEUI April)

CKulmer

Ive been meaning to post this too.   Its on any phone with gestures activated and nav bar off.   Its a HUGE oversite.  And  a very big inconvenience to me.  As I like to swipe to skip exclusively!

In the included 2 pictures its very clear what happens. 

Screenshot_20190531-065700.jpg
Screenshot_20190531-065655.jpg

Hey there @Zombieguy and @CKulmer,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, are you having troubles swiping vertically to listen to the next song in a playlist? 

If so, keep in mind that swiping vertically should bring up features like Behind the Lyrics, while swipping to the left or right should skip to the next song.

It'd be helpful if you could include a screenrecording of what's happening so we can take a closer look. Just make sure that no private/sensitive info is displayed.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies. Have a lovely day :)

CKulmer

There you go.   Behind the lyrics is disabled.

God that 6mb file limit had me do 3 videos xd

Hey again @CKulmer,

Thanks for getting back in touch and adding that screenrecording. It was very helpful!

Could you also let us know if this persists when using the app on a different mobile device? 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply :)

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us!

We've passed them on to our tech teams so they can look into what's happening.

If the issue persists for you, make sure to add your +VOTE and leave a comment with the following details:

• Your device and its OS version
  • Does this persist when using a different device?

We'll make sure to keep you updated :)

CKulmer

In fact yes. It happens on my Oneplus 6 with gestures. And it happens on a friends Redmi Note 7 with gestures too.

@Katerina wrote:

Hey again @CKulmer,

Thanks for getting back in touch and adding that screenrecording. It was very helpful!

Could you also let us know if this persists when using the app on a different mobile device? 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply :)

Hey again @CKulmer,

Thanks for adding this info!

In this case, it'd be helpful if you could let us know the following details so we can pass them on to the right teams:

• The OS version of your Oneplus 6 device

Since you mention that this happens on a friend's device as well, it'd be a good idea directing your friend to this Ongoing Issue thread as well so they can add their details and +VOTE :)

We'll make sure to pass on any updates as soon as we have them.

Have a lovely day :)

CKulmer

Screenshot_20190615-102822.jpg

elfffffff
Casual Listener

Same issue with navigation gestures:

• OnePlus 6T on Android Pie (OOS 9.0.15)
  • Resolution 1080 x 2340
  • Spotify version 8.5.13.637 (but this issue was present in previous versions too)

If I switch to the navigation bar it works fine.