Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The spotify web player will not work on my desktop, but will work on other devices

The spotify web player will not work on my desktop, but will work on other devices

I have been using the web player via my desktop pc for a while now, and have recently been using my chrome book to play music between the two devices. For about a week now, the web player will not launch any music via my desktop. It has me log in (with my facebook account), and when I do I get stuck on a home screen that looks like this. From here on out, none of the buttons work, not even the "connect to a device" feature. Here is a picture for more detail; 

spotify (https://imgur.com/a/qKnA1)

Now I have followed a lot of advice found on the forums, such as clearing all cookies and cache from the chrome browser of every device, as well as logging out of every device completely, yet inevitably when I try to connect via my desktop computer, I always get this screen. I have tried going to "full website" under my account and clicking on "open web browser" as well, and it just sends me to the log in screen, which is where I assume the site is getting confused. It is almost as if after I log in, it is stuck in the log in process, while the back ground of the site loads. Is there any solution to this problem? Thank you. 

5 Replies

Hey @Tante1, thanks for letting me know!

Hmm, this definitely seems odd. Let's get to the bottom of this. Could you try opening the Spotify Web Player using a different network connection? That might help here. Also, just to make sure, could you follow these steps for a full clear of the cache and cookies on your Chromebook?

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for the response @Hubo, I followed the instructions as indicated on my chromebook, effectively deleting the cache in the system, but the problem still remains with my desktop browser. With you mentioning using a different network connection, I do not think that is possible due to my desktop being connected to our only source of internet provided to us, however, it reminded me of the fact that we recently changed our ISP, if that could have something to do with the problem. I am currently running on chrome, so I may try to play it from a different browser. If there is some other way (or i'm misunderstanding what you mean by using a different network connection), please let me know. Thank you for your help in the matter, it is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks for your reply @Tante1!

It'd be a good idea to check that your new ISP doesn't have any restrictions. Just to confirm, when you try to use Spotify from your desktop computer, are you using a private connection (home), or you're using it somewhere else like at work or college?

We understand that you can only use one internet connection with your desktop computer, so in this case, restart your network and try one more time from a Google Chrome incognito window if possible. If it doesn't work, try with a different internet browser.

Let us know if that helps.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

@Julian 

First off, thank you for your help with this issue, it makes me glad to know that someone has been actively helping me throughout all of this (despite this being more of an annoyance than a real issue)

After going through all of these steps, I have come to a dead end with the chrome browser, and will probably download the application to my pc via firefox. Thank you again for your help! 

Thanks for the update @Tante1.

Just to make sure that everything runs smoothly with Firefox, can you let us know if there are still any issues with this web browser?

Keep us in the loop 🙂 

Suggested posts