Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tinder Top Artists are Inaccurate

I'm a huge Spotify listener and fan, but this is absurd and super frustrating. It can't possibly be that difficult to resolve this issue and it seems to be getting swept under the rug.

If Spotify wants to be taken seriously as a medium for music streaming and sharing, accuracy should be a priority. The last thing a music aficionado wants is to identify with a wildly inaccurate list of top artists on their profile.

I keep the latest versions of both apps, disconnect and reconnect Spotify to my profile all the time, and have NEVER gotten an accurate list. I also don't believe this issue only exists with a minority of users - I think Spotify is interested in minimizing the issue.

I would really like to see this taken seriously and resolved!

Hey @Laurenkerlinn, thanks for your post!

I understand your frustration but rest assured, the right folks are still looking into this. The information is with the relevant teams and they're looking into it. Spotify will post any updates they have here. If there's anything else, feel free to give me a shout! 🙂

Have an awesome day!

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Case Closed

Hey @Laurenkerlinn, thanks for your post!

I understand your frustration but rest assured, the right folks are still looking into this. The information is with the relevant teams and they're looking into it. Spotify will post any updates they have here. If there's anything else, feel free to give me a shout! 🙂

Have an awesome day!

Laurenkerlinn

It seems the "relevant teams" have been "looking into it" for quite some time now. Why haven't we gotten an update, even if only to let the community know what the hold up is? 

Benniewho

I fully agree with this. It’s super frustrating to say you listen to a certain type of music in your profile (because you do), but your Spotify reflects a totally different kind. It would make sense if it were your “guilty pleasures” showing up, but these just don’t make sense. Mine shows a ton of EDM/trance artists because a workout radio station played maybe TWO EDM songs before I skipped them. I don’t understand how this can be so inaccurate, especially since Bumble seems to use the same algorithm and is 100% correct (at least on mine).

adh999

Also getting incredibly inaccurate results.  Loads of early 00s nu metal and big names as opposed to all the obscure and unheard of alternative synth/industrial music which I know for a fact I definitely listen to 50x more.  Seems to favour bigger bands for some reason?

Jnsdcht

2 years and counting on the issue... be honest are you fixing this or did you guys give up on tinder allready?

spegwi-8r_fvl

Sorry but I can’t believe that “relevant teams” still looking into the problem since 2016-09-27. If both Spotify and Tinder doesn’t have any programmer capable to solve a problem like this even in 19 months, hire me as a programmer at there and I bet to solve this problem until I receive my first salary.

I second this. Tinder Acts not accurate. Way out, but subtle matches, so to speak.. 

rimpri

Tinder is showing a single song I've never heard. Nothing else.

123dylan321

Still completely inaccurate, artsists are showing where I've only listened to their song a handful of time, which has come on by random. Never actually played their song by will. 

maxfwilliams

This is so ridiculous. How hard is it to list artists that we actually listen to the most? Some of my "top artists" are bands I've listened to a few times while bands I've listened to repeatedly, over and over are not listed. So fruatrating and makes this feature useless. It's too bad, because if it worked correctly it would be such a cool feature.