Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tinder Top Artists are Inaccurate

I'm a huge Spotify listener and fan, but this is absurd and super frustrating. It can't possibly be that difficult to resolve this issue and it seems to be getting swept under the rug.

If Spotify wants to be taken seriously as a medium for music streaming and sharing, accuracy should be a priority. The last thing a music aficionado wants is to identify with a wildly inaccurate list of top artists on their profile.

I keep the latest versions of both apps, disconnect and reconnect Spotify to my profile all the time, and have NEVER gotten an accurate list. I also don't believe this issue only exists with a minority of users - I think Spotify is interested in minimizing the issue.

I would really like to see this taken seriously and resolved!

Hey @Laurenkerlinn, thanks for your post!

I understand your frustration but rest assured, the right folks are still looking into this. The information is with the relevant teams and they're looking into it. Spotify will post any updates they have here. If there's anything else, feel free to give me a shout! 🙂

Have an awesome day!

Comments
Matjoe1

Fix it ffs!

adrispot

Hi Tinder team,

Here is the explanation of what's happening.

Tinder says it shows your top artists.

But it doesn't do that.

Instead, out of your top artists, Tinder shows the most popular of them among all Spotify users.

So, your Tinder profile does not show YOUR top artists.

Please report this explanation and bug to the developers.

Kind regards

DeBiskop

"but rest assured, the right folks are still looking into this. The information is with the relevant teams and they're looking into it."  😂

Yeah right... It's nearly 2022 and this was raised in 2017 if not earlier. 

Our top Spotify artists are completely broken on tinder, I don't listen to Marshmallow, I don't follow Marshmellow, I haven't even liked the song that shows in my top artists. Your integration with Tinder is trash and disappointing. I see it's been an issue for over 4 years and NOTHING has been done. Let us have proper top artists or our own custom ones.