Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Tizen] Samsung Smart TV app volume level too high

Plan

Free and/or Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Smart TV (model number UN50MU630DF)

Operating System

Samsung Tizen (version 1290)

Spotify App

Samsung Smart TV / Tizen app version 1.7.2

My Question or Issue

The gain in the Samsung Tizen Spotify app is much too high, causing both digital distortion and way-too-loud playback. Audio played through the Tizen app sounds simply awful, rendering the app useless. (Other apps on the same TV have perfect audio, both in terms of distortion and general loudness.)

Here are two threads about this issue, both from 2017:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Spotify-way-too-loud-on-Samsung-Smart...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Samsung-TV-Tizen-spotify-app-poor-sou...

It's disappointing that this problem persists in 2021! Is this not an issue with a simple fix - just reduce the in-app gain? Or perhaps add an in-app option to adjust the gain?

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Peter
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Dave146

I have exactly the same issue. It’s way out of line with the gain on other applications. Volume at level 1 is same as 20 in other applications. 

almgreig1

Same issue for me.  I have to turn my TV volume down extremely low or else I will blow out my ear drums.  

Also, the volume control remotely from other devices (i.e.: computer app, iPhone), does not work.  I try to adjust the volume up and down, with no change to the output.  I only have this issue when using the Samsung TV app.  

dmitrylap

The same issue for me. The major problem is not that the volume is too high, but that it makes a sound overloaded (noisy). I have a hi-end 5.1 audio system connected to my TV, and I wish to enjoy the full quality of sound on Spotify Premium, but I hear only an overloaded **bleep** with clipped highs. Please fix this ASAP! Other Tizen apps (eg YouTube) don't have this issue and the sound quality is great there...

WBSF

Same for me. Sound quality is **bleep** likely due to the volume setting. Respectfully suggest you try to recreate the issue in the test lab - then find the root cause. Much better than sugguesting that we unplug and reinstall - for two years.

Gaedrin

Hey, just a but salty because I had my Samsung TV at about 30 volume and it completely blew out my sound bar. So thanks for that.

Dave146

It would be very much appreciated if the Spotify team can provide an update to this.

Has the issue been identified, and re-produced?

Is there a fix being tested now?

When can we expect a fix to be released?

When can we expect a further update from the team?

WBSF

Kinda frustrated. No response from Spotify. Maybe this isn't a help desk but, really, just a place to post.... that nobody from spotify reads.... so, WHATS THE POINT!

I have the same problem. The whole app in my Samsung tv outputs too much gain and it distorts the sound. I'm using a DAC with an optical cable, all the apps work fine except Spotify.

iHubby1

Same exact problem here.  I just about blew my eardrum, woke up the neighbors and also blew the **bleep** out of my Polk Atrium 8SDI speaker because i forgot that you have to turn down the volume so extremely.

This problem is just as bad using a Receiver with ARC from the Samsung Tizen TV.  I have 8 different model Samsung TVs and EVERY ONE of them has this issue.  The Volume on some of them is almost triple the other apps on the TV.

PLEASE FIX IT!