Top Songs Playlist Doesn’t Have My Top 5?

Love the 2018 Wrapped feature, but my top 100 songs doesn’t have my top 5 from Wrapped, and has several songs that I’ve hardly ever listened to. I listed to Spotify for 77000 minutes this year, so there had to have been 100 songs that I have played more than once or twice. Help?

Related Issues

Comments
tiredsquirrel

Same issue and the playlist is not even showing 100 songs but 48. Around 5% of them are songs I listened at least once in my life, the rest I know nothing about and it's not even the type of music I could enjoy. (but I don't mind new discovery)
Weirdly, I can find most of my favourite songs of 2018 in the playlist Your Top Songs of... 2017. At first, I thought that maybe they mixed both playlists, but even that one is inaccurate as it missed also the top 5 songs of 2018.

gcush

@Jose_M Not very helpful. Please do elaborate rather than posting a link to their vague Q&A. Why would your Top 100 not be your most listened to songs? Specifically, why would it not include Top 5 artists or songs? My playlist doesn't have a single song from my Top 5 which is inconsistent with year's past. It literally says in the Q&A post you sent:

Q: Is my ‘Your Top Songs Of 2018’ playlist in order of what I listened to most?

A: It is for the most part, but it may be slightly mixed to help it flow better.

When hundreds of users are saying that their Top 100 is **bleep** and nothing related to what they listen to or does not contain top 5, there is an issue.

kmarshello

Yeah, unfortunately having this same issue -- my Top 2018 playlist doesn't even include my Top Artist (according to Wrapped) that I spent 50 hours listening to! Many others songs I barely recognize, mostly songs I've only listened to a few times. wth Spotify. :( 

TheKingBoysan

Have the same issue, I've been listening to this 1 Artist neer everyday for the past year and not one of his songs are on my playlist, but I've got a bunch of songs that I've hardly played showing up on my 2018 playlist instead. Hope Spotify fixes this problem

marievil

I have the same issue my top 5 songs are not on the top 100 playlist, some other songs I know I heard a ton are not there either, and instead some songs on that playlist that I don't even recognize (may have heard them a few times)

riftr
Casual Listener

My playlist also does not have my #1 song. I contacted spotify assistance and was told there is no fix for this error. Would love to have my playlist reissued, this is a pretty glaring bug.

4fv6f8_d-6xpo

I have a theory that they could only count times that you’ve actually clicked on a song and not songs that you listen to that were queued up. Like when you go to your recently played section they only have songs that you clicked on and not any that you queued up or listened to without doing anything to have that song come up.

kfallsjr
Regular

I thought it was just me but I noticed the same thing with my Top 100 playlist recap. Literally none of my top songs were included at all. Thank you for bring this to light!

Many of the songs listed I hardly remembered playing and there were some that I'm certain were only listened to once as a result of me simply streaming a project on it's release date to see if there were any tracks worth saving.

catmount

I'm having the same problem! I tried to talk to a spotify representative but they basically just said they'd pass the information on and disconnected. 

DiFabio

Yeah something is definitely wrong with this feature. My top 5 songs aren't in my playlist and basically all the tracks from two albums that I barely remember listening to are on my top 100 playlist.