Track Information On Car Display Is Out Of Sync

Hi

I'm streaming music from the spotify app on my android phone via bluetooth to my VW car. The sound is streaming just fine and i can change between tracks on the stearing buttons etc. The track information is shown on the screen in the car.

But the problem is that after the first track i selected on the phone, the track information is delayed with previous track information, so the track sound and track information is out of sync. The track sound playing in the car is the track shown on my phone. But wrong track information is shown in the car. Selecting a track on the app again wil send the correct track information to the car again, but then continues to get out of sync.

Anyone have a solution to this ?

I could say that the track information was shown correct 3 months ago when i used my old Sony Z3 compact Android 6.0 phone with the Spotify app. But on my new Sony - Android 8.0 phone i have this anoying problem.

Hey all,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we really appreciate you letting us know about this. We're always working to make Spotify a better experience. We'd recommend keeping an eye out for updates to the app.

Have a nice day.

Related Issues

Comments
niffty-au
Regular

Just got a new iPhone as my previous one was playing up anyway and was replaced under warranty.  Even with a new iPhone the bluetooth track time in my car is still not syncing:(

molowry
Casual Listener

I finally just gave up and subscribed to Apple Music. I like it better that Google Play but if anyone has an Android it might act like it does with Spotify. When I had an Android Spotify was the worst but Apple Music would sometimes do the same thing. With an iPhone of course there is not an issue with Apple Music, or any other service I've tried, except for Spotify. They won't get any of my money nor revenue from adds from me listening any more. They are not a reliable service to be using, especially paying for. 

Imojen

I have the same exact problem (with VW car) on my Xiaomi Mi9T pro. Any news or update?

niffty-au
Regular
No, no news, it appears nothing is being done.  I thought it would be in their interest to monitor and respond to people’s issues but nothing unfortunately as I like the Spotify app.
Maybe should look at other options as others have done.