Track Information On Car Display Is Out Of Sync

Hi

I'm streaming music from the spotify app on my android phone via bluetooth to my VW car. The sound is streaming just fine and i can change between tracks on the stearing buttons etc. The track information is shown on the screen in the car.

But the problem is that after the first track i selected on the phone, the track information is delayed with previous track information, so the track sound and track information is out of sync. The track sound playing in the car is the track shown on my phone. But wrong track information is shown in the car. Selecting a track on the app again wil send the correct track information to the car again, but then continues to get out of sync.

Anyone have a solution to this ?

I could say that the track information was shown correct 3 months ago when i used my old Sony Z3 compact Android 6.0 phone with the Spotify app. But on my new Sony - Android 8.0 phone i have this anoying problem.

Hey all,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we really appreciate you letting us know about this. We're always working to make Spotify a better experience. We'd recommend keeping an eye out for updates to the app.

Have a nice day.

Comments
Si262

Tried this worked for 3 or 4 tracks which is better than the 1 track I was seeing before but sadly it stopped working at 4. I'm running Oreo (EMUI 8) on an Honor 9.

Si262

Tried in offline mode today, first attempt it worked for 2 tracks then stopped, 2nd journey just stuck on the first track.  I cannot believe this is so difficult to fix, looking at forums the issue has been logged for 5 years or more. I don't get any issues with Google Play or Amazon Music.  Surely the Google environment is all open source, the solution that works for Google Play must be in the public domain.

Hey there everyone!

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Have you tried the steps @Bigslick202 mentioned worked for them? If not, give it a try:

@Bigslick202 wrote:

My steps to correct this problem.  

1. Restricted my phone (Note 8) from putting Spotify to sleep and leave on in background

2. Logged out and closed Spotify

3. Un-paired my phone from my device (car radio) 

4. Re-paired my phone and device

5. Logged back into Spotify

Voila! 

We'd also suggest taking a look at this support site article with troubleshooting steps if Spotify isn't working as it should in your car.

Let us know how it goes :)

/K

khepri84

Hello, 

I have tried the steps and the song was updating for 2-3 tracks and then it was frozen again. 

Also playing while in offline mode is not solving the issue. 

One curious thing, if I press the 'Ok/confirmation' button while one song is playing with the wrong name on the display, a different window opens showing the actual name of the song. When the window closes, the name on the display is still the wrong one.

Si262
Hi, yes I tried the steps @Bigslick202 suggested but didn't work.
Jemi
Spotify Legend

Hey folks, 

We appreciate the info you've sent so far. First, make sure that you've gone through this help article.

If it doesn't help, we'll need to gather some more details about this. Please comment the following:

• Your device and OS.
  • Spotify version(s).
  • Car model, and head unit system?
  • Is this only happening while connected to Bluetooth? Have you tried with connecting a cable instead?
  • Is Spotify installed in the car's system? Have you tried removing the app and add it again?

Keep us posted! :) 

khepri84

So far I was not able to solve the problem following either official or unofficial (e.g. forum) procedures.

Here my info:

• Your device and OS: Huawei P10lite running Android 8.0.0 (everything was working fine until the update to this version) 
  • Spotify version(s): 8.4.70.666 armV7
  • Car model, and head unit system: Renault Scenic Xmod connected directly via Bluetooth 
  • Is this only happening while connected to Bluetooth? Have you tried with connecting a cable instead? I only have the Bluetooth connection
  • Is Spotify installed in the car's system? Have you tried removing the app and add it again? No OS running on the car, it is a problem of update of the information via Bluetooth
Si262

My details

• Your device and OS. Huawei Honor 9 Emui 8.0.0 Android 8.0.0
  • Spotify version(s). 8.4.70.666 arm V7
  • Car model, and head unit system? Seat Leon media plus navigation
  • Is this only happening while connected to Bluetooth? Yes
  • Have you tried with connecting a cable instead? No car doesn't support this
  • Is Spotify installed in the car's system? No
  • Have you tried removing the app and add it again? Yes

Keatrix

Tried everything

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8+

Android v8.0.0

My car is a Subaru Impreza 2016

My stock radio is a Clarion CM785CL software v.205

I don't have spotify installed on it

spotify is always up to date, it auto update

I've try uninstalling the app, unpair the phone and every possible way, and I can never get something out of it.

VincyTheKing

My details

• Your device and OS. One Plus 6 with Android 9.0 Pie
  • Spotify version(s). 8.4.76.463 arm V7
  • Car model, and head unit system? Volkswagen Polo Crosso with Discover media Pro
  • Is this only happening while connected to Bluetooth? Yes
  • Have you tried with connecting a cable instead? No car doesn't support this
  • Is Spotify installed in the car's system? No
  • Have you tried removing the app and add it again? Yes