Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Track Information On Car Display Is Out Of Sync

Hi

I'm streaming music from the spotify app on my android phone via bluetooth to my VW car. The sound is streaming just fine and i can change between tracks on the stearing buttons etc. The track information is shown on the screen in the car.

But the problem is that after the first track i selected on the phone, the track information is delayed with previous track information, so the track sound and track information is out of sync. The track sound playing in the car is the track shown on my phone. But wrong track information is shown in the car. Selecting a track on the app again wil send the correct track information to the car again, but then continues to get out of sync.

Anyone have a solution to this ?

I could say that the track information was shown correct 3 months ago when i used my old Sony Z3 compact Android 6.0 phone with the Spotify app. But on my new Sony - Android 8.0 phone i have this anoying problem.

Hey all,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we really appreciate you letting us know about this. We're always working to make Spotify a better experience. We'd recommend keeping an eye out for updates to the app.

Have a nice day.

Comments
Cruser_88

It's a 2012 Honda Civic and I have to use a USB to connect my iPhone to play music. Apple Music and Amazon both have the data displayed correctly on the dashboard, so it's a problem with your app and not my car's firmware. 

AlejaR

Hey @Cruser_88,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. So, just to confirm, is this happening if you open a different account on your device? It'd be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the account of a relative or a friend to open it in your mobile device, connect it to your car and check.

On another note, just checking, did you try reinstalling the app on your device as suggested by @Vasil? If you haven't yet, we'd suggest you give it a try. It'd be really helpful if you could send us the exact Spotify version you're currently running.

Lastly, would you mind checking if you notice any difference by using a different internet connection? If possible, you can connect your phone to Wifi and connect it to your car to check if the behavior persists.

Keep us in the loop!

Cruser_88

I've been down this road already with your chat support, and none of your solutions will fix the problem. I've already tried opening a different account on my phone (they had me use a test account) and that didn't fix it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling many times. As I mentioned, this has been happening for 3 years now.

I am using the most current version of Spotify (8.7.94.551). I do not have Wi-Fi in my car since it's from 2012, and the only way to connect my phone and play Spotify is with a cable.