Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Track Information On Car Display Is Out Of Sync

Hi

I'm streaming music from the spotify app on my android phone via bluetooth to my VW car. The sound is streaming just fine and i can change between tracks on the stearing buttons etc. The track information is shown on the screen in the car.

But the problem is that after the first track i selected on the phone, the track information is delayed with previous track information, so the track sound and track information is out of sync. The track sound playing in the car is the track shown on my phone. But wrong track information is shown in the car. Selecting a track on the app again wil send the correct track information to the car again, but then continues to get out of sync.

Anyone have a solution to this ?

I could say that the track information was shown correct 3 months ago when i used my old Sony Z3 compact Android 6.0 phone with the Spotify app. But on my new Sony - Android 8.0 phone i have this anoying problem.

Hey all,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we really appreciate you letting us know about this. We're always working to make Spotify a better experience. We'd recommend keeping an eye out for updates to the app.

Have a nice day.

Comments
gilcohen84

There also another thread on this and Spotify says its a known issue.

But it's been already a year!!!! 

Shame .

raylanelliot

Same issue!!! It’s kind of annoying and makes me want to try out Apple Music. 

iPhone X on iOS 11.3.1. Not that that info really matters because this issue has apparently been going on for a loooooong time. 

vikaman

I can confirm something similar happens to me as well. I'm able to reproduce the issue consistently. My issue is through Android auto however. 

Phone: one plus 3

Android 8.0.0

Car: VW golf

The first song through Android auto shows up on the in car displays. Sometimes the next song will also show up but then the info will not update. Songs can be skipped normally.

The only work around I have is that I stopped using android auto. Song info update normally. I suspect it's an android auto issue. 

untruder

Same as me, what we can do? 

schou1984

I gave up, nothing that fixes it. I canceled my premium and went for another provider.. 

LisaBOB

@mmains91 Thanks for posting this! It worked wonders for me!! 

Bobertino

This worked as a solution for me too. 

Your explanation also makes sense as they are moving to have all of the components of Android upgradable independent of the core OS. 

Thanks

stevenmbriggs

This did not work for me. Just factory reset my Pixel 2 xl too no avail.

Dropdead1

Same here

schou1984

It seems like there are no problems when using Spotify to the car with my old Apple Iphone 5C.

Tried also Tidal on my Android 8 phone to the car and have the same issues with delayed track display.

something whith Android or bluetooth hardware on Android phones maybe??