Track Not Available / Can't Play Current Track

I have had this problem for 2 days now, Spotify will not play anything on my laptop, it keeps saying "track not available". I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, I've checked my firewall settings so that is not blocking anything, I've tried to change the playback device, I've tried turning it off and back on again, nothing works. On my phone it plays just fine. Never had this problem until I became a Premium user a few days ago. I don't know what to do anymore

Hi all,

We’ve received news that this should be fixed on most of the devices that were previously reported here.

If, unfortunately, you still experience playback errors on Windows, then this could occur for a number of reasons.

We’ve worked hard to ensure that Spotify will work with a lot of different hardware playback setups. If you’re still unable to play some music on Spotify in Windows, let us know in a new report and we’ll work with you to resolve the issue.

Going forward, could everyone ensure:

• That you have the latest version of the app
  • That your device’s firmware is fully updated
  • That your connections are stable

Thanks!

Comments
magjames

Device:Windows

Operating System Version:Windows 7

Spotify Version: I just download it

Description: When im clicking on any song(even the hits), the music doesnt want to play. It keeps repeating "This track is unaccesible. If you have this on you computer, you can import it." I cant do anything. I just wanted to listen my old playlist. I haven't used this acc for a long time, so i wanted to check what music i liked when i was younger. I login with my facebook acc(i register with it too), and now i cant do anything.

To reproduce:

• Make an acc with your facebook acc, and dont use it.
  • Wait couple years.
  • Login again with your facebook acc. 
  • Try to click any song.

Workaround:

N/A

Additional information:

Im using new computer. 

jgjemso

Device:

Windows 8.1

Operating System Version:

Spotify Version:

1.0.21.143.g76c19bcd

Description:

Spotify will not play any track from any author or any album, it will not play radio either. Everytime I click play a blue box comes up saying : "the track is not available. if you have the file on your computer you can import it."

This message will come up for every song I have tried to play, except from "My Music". So its not letting me stream any songs.  

To reproduce:

1. open spotify
  2. try to play any song that is not in "your music"
  3.  blue box will show up and track wont play

Workaround:

I have tried a complete uninstall and re-install, login-log out routine and it did not help at all.

Additional information:

I am using the FREE spotify account on my laptop.

Please help ! 

Capture.JPG
Jgilly1

I am having the same problem but Spotify won't even play My Music for me not even local files. I have uninstalled and installed too. Sorry I cannot be of assistance just thought I would share my issues too. I sympathize.

Pete
Roadie
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey @jgjemso

That's not good. Could you try uninstalling Spotify once again > download the program 'CCleaner' and clean your registry data > reinstall Spotify? Let me know how you get on.

Pete
Roadie
Status changed to: Under investigation

Pete
Roadie

Hey @magjames

Just to confirm, which version of Spotify do you currently have installed? You can check within Preferences > About Spotify at the very bottom.

Jeremyking588

Im having the same issue and im on version 1.0.21.143.g76c19bcd

skacus

Hello,

by me it's the same problem.
The Version is 1.021.143.g76c19bcd

Greets

Jeremyking588

I just unistalled, ran ccleaner, and then reinstalled and its still not working.

Jeremyking588

Pete i have uninstalled ran cclceaner and reinstalled and its still not working.