Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks skipping to the next track on their own

We've received reports about the Spotify app skipping to the next track in the queue on its own. This seems to affect mostly mobile users and happens with Shuffle mode turned off.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Yordan
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hi folks,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you’re experiencing this issue, please add your +VOTE and provide us with the following info (if you haven't already):

• the version of your operating system
  • the version of your Spotify app
  • the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far

We'll pass the info on to the internal teams at Spotify to look further into this. As always, we'll be sure to post an update here when we have new information to share, so Subscribe to the thread to stay tuned!

ja_lele

same i have an iphone 11 and it’s randomly skipping through an album then the app crashes

joevz

Hi there, facing the same problem with premium version on desktop.

In addition, when the app is on, not only changes the songs by itself, but the whole app may close all of a sudden.

lineysif2004

It is some kind of pattern  mine plays fine the first song next song only for 30 sec then skips but skips over a song so it actually song number 4 playing and that one plays fine and so on. 

AlexSooz

Spotify8.7.8.1699

iphone 11

ios 15.3.1

to remove crossfade solves the issue 

joevz
So, what can we do to play normally? Thanks for the reply.
DannyRyan

Hi Guys, facing the same problem also with premium desktop/mobile app. I've fixed the skipping on the desktop with a couple forced closes & seems to be working fine for now, mobile app is still skipping & crashing pretty often for now. 

App Version: 8.7.8.1699/Iphone 12 15.3.1 

Windows 10 for desktop 

KAJS1999

hello,

I am experiencing the same issue on an iphone, and a similar issue on my desktop. When listening to albums on my iphone, at the end of a song it skips two songs ahead in the queue. When listening to albums on my laptop, the app closes after trying to play the next song in the queue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards.

Valtos

Premium plan; Windows 10 21H2 Build 19044.1526; Germany

It happens a lot today! Really annoying. If this continues I will have to dust off Winamp.

JakeeMaker

Btw I am using IOS 15.3.1 and the Spotify version is 8.7.8.1699