Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks skipping to the next track on their own

We've received reports about the Spotify app skipping to the next track in the queue on its own. This seems to affect mostly mobile users and happens with Shuffle mode turned off.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
wisegranda

Same issue

Spotify Premium

App on PC (Windows 10)

Spotify  pour Windows: 1.1.79.763.gc2965cdf

I removed the crossfade as it was suggested, but it didn't solve the problem.

I have tried restarting the app, logging out everywhere and then logging back, but the problem is still here.

Only solution for the time being : use Spotify Web Player, it works fine.

Deba90

Same issue of sings randomly skipping. Across playlists as well as albums. Playing on the mobile app with no shuffle mode. Have had premium for years and no issues ever

Smnee

I have the same issue. Skipping every second song after around 10-20 seconds. So annoying. I have Spotify premium, used to be on a student account, seems that when I switched to premium this began happening. I have version 8.7.8.1699 

AlexTunes

Also facing this issue, never had it before. On iPhone 11, latest iOS, version 8.7.8 of the app. Jumps the currently playing song about 30 secs or so into it, skips the following song and then randomly starts playing the song following that.

Melissa413

Having the same problem since yesterday - song gets 30 seconds in and jumps 2 songs ahead in the playlist. I had to turn off my crossfade completely last night while teaching a Pilates class to make it stop skipping which lowers the quality of the class. Now today no matter what I do with the crossfade it happens. This is making it almost unusable for my job. 

I cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled, logged out everywhere, changed password, and had the IT person from my studio even look into it to no avail. 

Spotify version 8.7.8.1699 premium family subscription

iPhone 11 Pro software version 15.3.1  

herochua617

Plan

Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

iPhone 11/iPad Air 4th Gen

Operating System

iOS 15.3.1/iPadOS 15.3.1

My Question or Issue

The songs played halfway and got skip.

1) Tried to turn on shuffle but still the same thing persisted. 

2) Tried to restart the app but still the problem persisted.

3) Tried to restart the device but still the problem persisted.

SydRayne

iPhone XR running iOS 15.3.1

Spotify version 8.7.8.1699

I haven't done too much as I'm not sure what would actually fix this issue from my end. I kinda wondered if it doesn't have to do with an iOS update that happened recently. Today was the first time I tried to listen to an album in proper order in a few days.

Vasil
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Crickers

I have had the same issue for months now. It is so frustrating! I've tried everything to fix it but it's still happening. Someone please help! It's hard when you're in the vibe of listening to the song and it skips to the next one or goes back to the beginning. 😫

My account is doing about the same thing.  Funny that up top it says it has "been fixed".  I get about 2/3 to 3/4 with a song and it jumps to next in playlist.  I contacted "support" on FB and she said it should work now.  Has not responded to any messages since.  Have had Spotify for "few" years and never a problem until last month n half or so.