Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks skipping to the next track on their own

We've received reports about the Spotify app skipping to the next track in the queue on its own. This seems to affect mostly mobile users and happens with Shuffle mode turned off.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
ameliava

IPhone 8, version 15.3.1

Spotify app version 8.7.8.1699

Steps taken: De-installed according to other posts on similar issues, re-installed etc., same problem persists. Only thing that has prevented the issue is to de-activate the cross-fading completely.

Problem otherwise remains for the second day now; plays one song, then 30 seconds of the next song before skipping two songs ahead in the playlist and same pattern repeats. When playing song in an album, it also skips tracks.

Looking forward to the solution of this issue.

ChrisPampling
  • the version of your operating system Windows 10
  • the version of your Spotify app Don't think I'm using an app, I'm on my laptop but I have a premium plan in the UK
  • the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far Logging in and out, turning off and on again. Nothing works. Sometimes I get "Spotify can't play this right now", sometimes it skips to the next track, sometimes it goes to the next but one.
dilaboru

Hi @Yordan ,

After reading your message, I tried using the Spotify Web Player (https://open.spotify.com/) on my M1 Mac mini. It works perfect... So, something is absolutely wrong with the desktop application.

Kind Regards,

jonas97r

Iphone iOS 15.3.1

Spotify on app store (fully updated)

Steps taken so far:

-Restarted iphone

-Made more space on the device.

-Controlled my connection, by checking Wifi, 4g and such.

-Use Sigh Out Everywhere. and logged back in.

julieforgetl

I use the desktop version of Spotify on my Mac and since yesterday I keep getting the "Spotify can’t play this right now, If you have the file on your computer you can import it." message. 

Spotify keeps skipping 2 songs every time and it gives me this error message. 

And it's only if I listen to an album. Even if I put the album in the waiting list. Don't have this problem when listening to my playlists. 

And I tried everything on the trouble shooting pages; logout, delete the app, clear the cache files, restart my computer, update my OS... and it didn't fix anything. 

Also, for me it's really just on the desktop app. On my phone or in web browser version, everything works fine. 
And the app keeps crashing, sometimes after 20-30 minutes, sometimes right after selecting a new song...

mwgiles

Having exactly the same problem since yesterday evening, both on my iPhone 6s and Macbook Air 2020 - I've ensured that the Spotify app is fully up to date on both, as are both operating systems. Sometimes it skips a couple of songs, more often it crashes the app completely (although playlists seem to work ok). Have tried just about everything I can think of, seems totally bizarre that it's affected on both devices.

dimson

This is a wider issue, also on the WIndows app songs ares kipping and eventually making the app crash.

Tzay

iOS 15.3.1

Spotify 8.7.8

Swiped out of app, turned phone off/back on

the_paulo

Yep, same issues here too. It's very annoying.

ingrid_hoff

iPhone 8 running OS 15.2.1

spotify version 8.7.8.1699

I’ve tried restarting the app several times, clearing cache, restarting my phone, and tried playing both downloaded and non-downloaded songs.