[Turkey] Connectivity issues

Staff edit for clarity:

This could potentially also be affecting other platforms, devices and/or folks who don't use Premium.

Original post:

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 14.4.2

My Question or Issue

Hi!

Since like three days ago, my Spotify app won’t work when I’m connected to my wifi even though I am connected to the internet and everything else works fine. Also I don’t think it’s an issue with my router because it had been working just fine until three days ago. I have tried reinstalling the app, turning my phone off and then back on, but nothing seems to work. Please help!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
hwapickle
Casual Listener

Sorry to interrupt- but just wanted to come back on, because the issue is happening again for me as well. Only on my iphone though, my laptop and desktop seem to be working fine. 

Keremm
I am from Turkey too and I checked the most known forums in my country and I guess there are some issues just for Turkey users right now. So in my opinion it is not an issue Spotify can fix or you can find a solution here but It works fine with VPN. You can try it. I hope this wouldn't be necessary in later days. But thanks for your help @CarlosE.
hwapickle
Casual Listener

Yeah, I guess I’ll be trying that as a last resort. Hope the issue gets resolved soon

CarlosE

Hey folks,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

There might be some type of issue with the network. We recommend to reach out to your Internet service provider for more info about this.

Also, we don't officially support VPNs, so keep in mind that the app may misbehave when using one.

If you have any questions, we'll be right here.

Take care!

Keremm
well actually I don’t know why but app just started being normal without any change with dns settings or any vpn. Thanks for your help again.
CarlosE

Hi @Keremm,

Thanks for your reply.

We're glad to know that the app is working as normal now. There could've been a brief connection or network issue.

If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers 🙂

hwapickle
Casual Listener

Thanks for all the help!

irembrulee
Hi, i also have the same problem. I use iPhone 11 and live in Turkey. I tried reinstalling the app several times but it didn't work. We use the Family Premium and my dad has the same problem in his app. First I thought it was because of the wifi but now we are connected to another wifi but the "Connecting..." sign didn't go 😞 What should I do?
irembrulee
Also I can't connect from my iPad and Macbook. Some of my iPhone user friends have the same problem. It's nearly been a week and now I'm thinking to cancel my membership if it's not fixed. Please reply a solution.
Keremm
I said that the issue is gone for me but I figured out it is not exactly. Every night there is no problem and until it is about 11am the next day, everything is normal but when it is about 12pm the same thing starts over. I really need a solution. Lots of people are considering canceling their memberships in forums and if this will not end I am considering too.
I don't think this issue is about user settings or our wifi provider because every other application works just fine and when it comes to spotify, there is this issue. I read every connection issue in the spotify community and tried most of them and none of them was the solution. And now I can't find any solution.