Unable to Link Alexa to Spotify

When I first purchased an Amazon Echo (Alexa), I was able to easily link it to my Spotify premium account.  I could say things like “Alexa, go to Jon’s Spotify and play Blueberry Hill by Fats Domino” and bingo, it would work.  Then all of a sudden, it no longer connects to Spotify.  Instead, Alexa tells me that I have to link the Alexa app to my Spotify premium account – which I have already done.  I have also designated Spotify as my default music service, to no avail.  I’ve tried everything and consulted countless message boards to find a solution but I can’t get Alexa to connect to Spotify, as it once did.  Yes, I can add the Echo to my list of Spotify devices on my iPhone and iPad but that arrangement does not allow me to use Alexa as a voice controller.  I can also connect the Echo using bluetooth but that likewise eliminates voice control.  (If I was simply looking for a remote speaker, I would connect Spotify to my Sonos system which gives way better sound than the Alexa speaker, and in stereo with a subwoofer to boot).  I’m ready to get rid of Alexa and replace it with something like Google Home but I’m willing to try something else if anyone has any ideas.  Thanks for any suggestions you may have! 

Hey @Jbspear!

We're closing this thread as we haven't heard from you in a while. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂

Comments
JuanSebastian
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi @Jbspear! Welcome to the Community.

Can you let us know the Spotify version you're using and the firmware version of your Amazon Echo? Also, can you let us know if this started happening after a specific update or event?

We'll see what we can suggest 🙂 

William_13
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @Jbspear!

We're closing this thread as we haven't heard from you in a while. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂