Unable to Remove Connected Device

Have recently noticed that I can play spotify on a PlayStation 4 as a connected device, the only problem with this is I don’t have a PlayStation nor have I ever connected one. The PlayStation shows up on my phone and desktop app in the “connected to a device” menu and gives me the option to play music on it.

I have never given my account information to anyone and do not have a shared family account. Additionally when I go to my account setting in browser the PlayStation is not in the list of offline devices so I can’t disconnect it. I have tried the “remove all offline devices” and “sign out everywhere” options but they have done nothing.

My theory is that the PlayStation belongs to my roommate, and has somehow connected through our wifi without either of us trying to do this. How do I remove this connected device, I don’t want anyone else to have access to my premium account and music. Please help!

Hi @theholymaster, welcome to the Spotify Community!

You don't have to worry. The fact that you see an available device on your Spotify account doesn't mean that someone else has access to your Premium account. 

This has to do with our Connect feature. As you mentioned, your roomate's PlayStation is connected to the same WiFi network you're using, that's why the device shows available for you as it's compatible with the Spotify Connect feature. In order to play music in the PlayStation you would need to manually change the listening device from your Spotify account.

Keep in mind that any speakers compatible with this feature will show available for use for you if they're connected to your same WiFi connection. As we mentioned, this doesn't mean that somebody else has access to your Spotify account.

Let us know how it goes or if you have questions.

Comments
Julian
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hi @theholymaster, welcome to the Spotify Community!

You don't have to worry. The fact that you see an available device on your Spotify account doesn't mean that someone else has access to your Premium account. 

This has to do with our Connect feature. As you mentioned, your roomate's PlayStation is connected to the same WiFi network you're using, that's why the device shows available for you as it's compatible with the Spotify Connect feature. In order to play music in the PlayStation you would need to manually change the listening device from your Spotify account.

Keep in mind that any speakers compatible with this feature will show available for use for you if they're connected to your same WiFi connection. As we mentioned, this doesn't mean that somebody else has access to your Spotify account.

Let us know how it goes or if you have questions.

Related Issues