Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to log in on Android

We've received reports from Android users who are unable to log in to their Spotify accounts on their Android devices. An error message saying that the login details are incorrect is displayed.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We're happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
Razwer

Same issue for me with mi pad 6 pro. The suggestions do not solve the issue.

raiiiloveu

why does it keep happening like that, even I have changed the password many times but it still persists

pau21

Plan

Free

Country

Spain

Device

Nothing Phone (1)

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

Whenever I try to log in in the Android application, it says invalid username or password. Both are correct because I use the same for iOS, web and desktop and it works. I tried copy pasting both parameters, autofilling them and writing them. Nothing works. I have the latest version on the Play Store. I have no connection to a VPN, proxy or similar. Even tried creating another account and the same happens.

Billy-J

Hey @pau21, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Thanks for the information and for trying those steps. Can you try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps? This can solve common issues and remove any underlying problems caused by the app.

If you're still having issues, can you let me know the make and model of the device this is happening on and also send me a screenshot of any error messages you're seeing? 

Let me know how this goes!

IslaLucy

If you're encountering login issues specifically on the Android application despite using the correct credentials, it's advisable to troubleshoot by first ensuring that the app is up-to-date. If the problem persists, consider clearing the app cache or reinstalling it. Double-check that there are no types or extra spaces in the username or password fields. If the issue persists, contacting the app's support or checking for any reported bugs could provide additional assistance in resolving the login problem on your Android device.

LeOscar984
Cant log into the account on the spotify app on my phone.Though I'm able to log through the browser
Yordan
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey everyone,

In case you're experiencing this issue, make sure to give it a like and provide us with the following info (if you haven't already):

• your device's make, model and Android version.
  • the version of Spotify you're running
  • the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far

Thanks! We'll pass the info on to our tech folks so they can look further into this.

As always, rest assured we'll keep you posted here as soon as we have any new information to share, so Subscribe to the thread from the three dots menu to stay tuned.

pau21

in my case, after doing the reinstall as the guide you provided, it's still happening. 

My phone is a Nothing Phone (1) by Nothing (this exists) running Android 13 and with Spotify 8.8.92.700.

LorenzoVIII

Plan

Free

Country

Italy

Device

Oppo A96  and   pc                                     

Operating System

Android 13 and   Windows 11                                                                                                                   

My Question or Issue

Whenever I try to log in in the Android application, it says invalid username or password. Both are correct because I use the same for all, web and desktop dont works. I tried copy pasting both parameters, autofilling them and writing them. Nothing works. I have the latest version on the Play Store. 

Matthea

Plan

Free

Country

Slovenia

Device

Desktop PC                                  

Operating System

Windows 10

I got logged out by Spotify around midnight November 29 CET (about 29 hours ago).

Whenever I try to log in, I get the message that my username (email) and password don't match even though I'm certain that I use the correct email and password. I tried to change my password several time. I get Spotify's email with the link to change the password, but the change always fails. I get the "Oops! something went wrong, please try again." message.

Also, I've tried to delete the storage folder in the AppData folder, I re-installed Spotify, restarted my computer ... No change.