I was playing music on my Spotify Desktop app when it suddenly cut out by itself. I tried playing back the same playlist, but it just quickly skips through the songs one by one and stops playing altogether.
I hardly had issues playing songs on the app before in the past (Been using Spotify on this computer for >4 years).
What can I do to get it playing again?
I've tried the following:
- Restarted computer
- Soft reboot of computer
- Uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify desktop (Both downloaded and the one on Microsoft Store)
- Deleted all files I could find associated with Spotify when uninstalling (including the ones under ProgramData and AppData/Roaming)
- Updated all sound drivers
- Tried playing it on the web player (it works on the web)
- Played different playlists, downloaded and non downloaded, random songs.
- Changed streaming quality between Automatic, Normal, High, and Very High.
- Disabled hardware acceleration.
- Changed audio output device.
- Logged out and back in.
- Logged into a different account, it also doesn't work.
Thanks again for reporting this issue to us.
We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.
If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your+ VOTE and try the following steps: