Announcements

Unable to share songs on Instagram stories

My Question or Issue

I do not have the function to share on Instagram stories. Instead, I only have an option titled Instagram. When I click on it, it opens up my Instagram camera instead. Attached is an example of what I see.

[moderator edit]

Screenshot_20210322-190325_Spotify.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Ivan

Hey everyone,

Thanks for posting about this on the Community.

We're currently working with Instagram to make this option available for everyone soon. Right now we can't provide an exact timeframe on when it's going to be out to everybody.

In the meantime, we recommend you keep both your apps updated. You can find more info on how to keep Spotify updated here.  

Thanks for your patience! 

DiogoMachado
Plan: Premium
Device: Xiaomi Mi A2
Operating System: Android Version 10
Spotify Version: 8.6.10.581
Instagram Version: 181.0.0.1.117

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, when I try to share it just opens the camera.
I noticed it yesterday. (Last time I was able to use this feature was on the 20th March).
I've reinstalled both apps, gave all permissions to both, tried a different account on both, tried with wifi and with mobile data. Nothing seems to work.
Eni

Hey folks! 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

We'd like to check this a little closer. If the sharing option stopped working, could you try reinstalling both apps? Make sure to follow these steps to reinstall the Spotify app. 

Additionally, would you mind letting us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

It might also be worth trying making sure both apps have all permissions enable.

If this function has never been available for you, as @Ivan mentioned we're currently working with Instagram to make this option available for everyone. We'd recommend keeping your app updated. 

Cheers - keep us posted!

SEN1257
Hey there,
I already tried reinstalling both apps yesterday and it still didn't work.
This issue just came up the night before yesterday. It always used to work
because I share songs on my instagram story everyday.
Mihail
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • Is this the first time sharing Spotify to Instagram story?
  • Screenshot/video of what's happening

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

alicjaunknown

Hi,

todays app update didn't change anything (ver. 8.6.12.986 on Huawei P30 Lite NE Android 10)

It has started after previous update, but there was instagram update as well, maybe it's their fault?

SEN1257

Wait a second.

I was following the steps to screen record my issue as it suddenly worked. I was able to share a song on my instagram story. I'm gonna test it out a few more times.

SEN1257

I tried it a second time while not screen recording and it didn't work

SEN1257

And now it doesn't work again, I realized it only works at randomly

By the way, here is the spotify version

Screenshot_20210325-204739_Spotify.jpg

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G

busraergen

@SEN1257 Instagram programının Beta sürümünü mü kullanıyorsun? Ben Instagram programının Beta sürümünü kullanıyorum ve şu an hem Instagramı hem de Spotify güncelledim yine çalışmıyor, sorunum devam ediyor. 

Env: prod