Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to stream BBC podcasts to Wi-Fi speaker

UK

Device

MacBook Air 10.14.2 / iPhone 6S 12.1.2

My Question or Issue

Unable to stream BBC Podcast content from either the OS or IOS Spotify App's to a Wi-Fi speaker (Libratone Zipp Mini). Other podcasts / music work fine. I have tried various BBC Podcasts and all exhibit the same issue. Streaming from iTunes and other sources works fine?

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Top Answer
Ver
Spotify Legend

Hey @tjt1961,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and information with us. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right team.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up-to-date to ensure you're on the latest version.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Comments
nicksearle04

Yup, experiencing the same issue. 
Spotify 8.6.2.1041

BBC Podcasts only

Won't connect to internet speakers Nest or Bose SoundTouch 20. 
Have experienced this issue for a long time now (over many updates). 
Upvoting this issue to be fixed please! 

Jeremy
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

abovebelowh2o

Pushing this to the top again, as it appears this has been an ongoing issue for over 2 years now and as the BBC is the national broadcaster for the united kingdom I am surprised Spotify are not prioritising this! Thoughts @spotify? 

Omniscient1

Hi

Perhaps the Spotify moderator can come back with a note that they have seen this happening? Rather than the 'right folks are looking at it'

In my instance - I have a Denon (HEOS) n11, 6  months old.  When I run up Spotify the android app says "Cant Play This Right Now" if I try and cast the app to the Denon while I haev a BBC podcast selected (and playing on the phone speaker). As it is the Spotify app blocking it (for whatever reason) then Spotify must easily be able to say what is wrong even if they cant fix it.

abovebelowh2o

Another month rolls by and still nothing. Have the Spotify people even talked to the BBC? Bumping to the top again. 

Stormtrooper76

The response was not right now years ago. When will this be finally at the top of the backlog?

abovebelowh2o

Anyone who is listening and in the twitterverse - please give this a retweet? https://twitter.com/abovebelowH2O/status/1408774688260640768. I have sent another email into support to complain and demand a discount on my monthly fee. Many thanks Melanie. 

Omniscient1

Hi Melanie,

You have your twitter a/c locked.

Gary

abovebelowh2o

Oops, should have checked that first! Thank you @Omniscient1 . 

I heard from my support request "the case has been escalated to the highest tier of Customer Support. All communication within this email thread will be with the Escalations Team from now on.  I can confirm that because of several factors - technical and non-technical - BBC's podcasts are currently not playable from certain devices."

Chasing down what that actually means in reality. 

Omniscient1

I dont think we needed them to 'confirm' this.  Having been involved in consumer electronics support not so long ago Spotify really should put more effort (and $upport hour$) into solving issues and being honest about lack of progress. Eventually this leads to customer dissatisfaction and to Google Music or Deezer.