Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to update payment details

Users report that when attempting to update their payment details, they receive the following error message: Unexpected token '<', "<!doctype "... is not valid JSON.

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We're happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Cheers!

Comments
Drzymek
cant change my bloody paymen details because i get this error, i already registered a new payment method as my old card has expired
Maxim

Hey @Drzymek,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Can yoh please give it a try on another device and/or in another browser? 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

DogukanAtmaca

Unfortunetly I have the same problem with my mobile, but in the mean time i don't want to use my computer browser because I dont trust my computer's security for my data. 

Maxim
Sara_katten

hi! I have this exact problem as well! Also tried in a incognito window, but it didnt work 😞 Have tried on my computer and in my mobile

Maxim

@Sara_katten,

To ensure that we can offer you the best help that we can, could you please create your own thread? Doing so is easy. Simply select the appropriate board here, and then select “Start a Topic.”

Thank you very much!

aliaksej

Hello! I have the same problem as previous users. I cant change the payment details due to "Unexpected token '<', "<!doctype "... is not valid JSON"

Maxim

Hey @aliaksej,

To ensure that we can offer you the best help that we can, could you please create your own thread? Doing so is easy. Simply select the appropriate board here, and then select “Start a Topic.”

Thank you very much!

sg_tec

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

Mac book

Operating System

14.2 (23C64)

My Question or Issue

I am not able to change my expired card. I am getting the below error

Unexpected token '<', "<!doctype "... is not valid JSON

Any help would be fantastic.

Yordan

Hi @sg_tec,

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Could you try updating your payment details on your account page using an incognito/private window? In case the issue persists, try with another browser or another device.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!