Unknown device and user using my account

Hi

There is an unknown user on an unknown device a KD-43X8305C (Sony Bravia 4K TV) that seems to be able to change my songs at will. No one I know owns this TV either. I don't use Spotify Family, just student premium.

I've done all the normal guff, changed password, signed out everywhere, removed all old devices, checked for security breaches on my other devices, and even re-installed the app. The device is still there changing my songs randomly to things I've never heard of before.

Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

Hey @freakstrike and @DeKaBiHu!

We're closing this thread as we didn't receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂

Comments
DeKaBiHu

Me too

Hubo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks!

Thanks for letting me know about this. That's not cool! Let's get your account back! Here are some steps that should help when someone else is using your account. Could you let me know how you get on with those?

Thanks, have a great day!

DeKaBiHu

Can we have the information in English please

freakstrike

I've already taken those steps, it didn't do anything, so it led me to believe it wasn't a hack, but maybe an issue with Spotify itself, I spoke with SpotifyCare on twitter, while I can still see the unknown device on the Spotify Connect menu, its been a few days since my music has changed randomly or stopped and then is suddenly playing on the unknown device.

It was all a bit weird, but personally I think its a bug.

Mara_F

Sure @DeKaBiHu, you'll be able to see the correct info in English here: https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/privacy/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-account/...

@freakstrike, is there a chance you could let us know the unknown device's name? Also, let us know if you were connected to a shared WiFi network before. We'll see what we can suggest. 

freakstrike

KD-43X8305C is the device name. Its a Sony Bravia 4K TV.

Also, there was a deviced named PS4 - 750 but that seems to have disappeared.

I am on a shared network in student apartments. but this has never happened before.

I'm under the assumption that I can play my music on their devices, and at least when I caught the problem they could control what was playing on my PC.

Somewhere along the way, streams were crossed.

Thank you for the help.

DeKaBiHu
In English please
ZullyB

Thanks for the info, @freakstrike!

How long has this been happening? Also, can you try with a different WiFi network and let us know if the same happens. 

Keep us posted 🙂 

ZullyB
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @freakstrike and @DeKaBiHu!

We're closing this thread as we didn't receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂