Announcements

Upgrade from Premium to Family not working on South Africa

I want to upgrade my account to the family package - however when I do it (selecting credit card payment) it advises that I'm not eligible. Does this have something to do with my country - or just their system not working

Plan

Premium

Country
South Africa

Device

Samsung s9, 

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I want to upgrade my account to the family package - however when I do it (selecting credit card payment) it advises that I'm not eligible. Does this have something to do with my country - or just their system not working.  I've also tried the mobile payment option, however it only give me Vodacom - no other network

Spotify.JPG

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the relevant boards here? We'll get back to you there.

Cheers!

Comments

Hey there @PinkPaw1!

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community!

Can you give this link a try and let us know if this makes a difference? You can also try choosing the Family plan from here.

We'd recommend trying this on a different network if possible and turning off your VPN if you're using one. It's also a good idea to give the process a try in an incognito window.

If you have a different payment card, we can also suggest using that, just make sure it meets all our requirements here

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop @Vlerrie!

Does this happen after you have entered your payment details?

Are you able to give this a try with a different payment method, just make sure it meets our requirements here?

Let us know how it goes!

Casual Listener

It happens before entering any details. It happens as soon as I select the credit card payment option it also only happens when trying to pick the family premium I tested with the Individual plan and then it takes me to the card details form to enter.

I also only receive 2 payment options as in the image below and the payment with mobile is not an option since I'm not a customer of Vodacom:
options.png

Visitor

Obviously Premium Family membership is a mere myth in South Africa as no one I know have managed to get it to work! I want to simply upgrade from my Premium membership to Premium Family. I have tried all the suggestions made here (incognito window, different devices, different browsers etc), but I still get the same error that I am not eligible for the offer. And what exactly is the difference between the R99.99 and R106.99 option (I assume the one is credit card based and the other prepaid via mobile or something?). All seems like false advertising with no actual service existing...

Can you please assist us to get your product offering to work in South Africa?

Visitor

Plan

Premium Individual

Country

South Africa

Device

No device issue

Operating System

Windows 10 1909

Browser

Google Chrome is up to date

Version 83.0.4103.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

My Question or Issue

When I go to my account to change from Premium Individual to Premium Family nothing happens, the page just refreshes and then tells me that I am not eligible. Can you please fix this for me so I can upgrade to Premium Family. I have included a screen grab.

Thank you.

spotify-family.jpg
Composer
Hi Mate @VestedLeopard,

As You Are Already On Premium Individual So It Is Showing Not Eligible.. Let The Premium Individual Membership Ends, Then You Subscribe To Premium Family.. Or You Can Even Cancel The Premium Membership Individual Now, And Can Opt To Premium Family.. However, As You Have Already Paid For Premium Individual, So, Cancelling Now Will Be A Waste Of Money.. And Taking In View The Current Global Economic Slowdown And Crisis, We Can't Afford To Waste Any Money At All.. So, Wait For The Premium Individual To End, Then Go For Premium Family..

However, I Am Not A Spotify Expert.. Spotify Experts (Rockstars / Moderators) Will Surely Guide You Much Better And In A More Efficient Way.. Please Pardon Me, If I Am Wrong On Assisting You..

With Best Wishes & Regards,
Rahul Haldar - Spotify's Diehard & Loyal Fan
Visitor

Thank you Rahul for the quick response. That makes complete sense what you said.  

Stay safe!!!

P.S Sometimes I fail these darn captcha's. Is it a tractor? Does it overlap into the next square? You know what I mean.

Composer
Hi @VestedLeopard,

You Are Most Welcome Mate.. Pleasure To Assist You.. However, Please Wait For The Words By Spotify Experts (Rockstars / Moderators).. They Will Guide You With Full Expertise.. And If There's Any Way To Opt To Premium Family From Premium Individual Without Cancelling Premium Individual, They Will Guide You With That Also.. So, Wait For The Experts To Assist You Further With The Same..

And These YOU ARE NOT ROBOT Giving Proof Captcha Is Very Annoying.. However, It's For Spammers To Stop Flooding Here On The Community.. However, Once You Start Posting Here At Regular Interval And More Frequently, Captcha Entry Will Stop Appearing..

With Best Wishes & Regards,
Rahul Haldar - Spotify's Diehard & Loyal Fan
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Visitor

The only way we got around this issue was by using Firefox and my wife's Spotify Premium account. I thought I was going mad and needed therapy. I tried all my browsers being Firefox, Chrome, the new Microsoft Edge and even Brave. I cleared browser caches, did reboots, cleared my DNS cache, turned off all AD blockers. Nothing helped for me.

Related Issues