Announcements

Users Receive Multiple E-Mails Confirming Account Closure

I keep receiving the same email since yesterday when they have sent me 4 emails at different times (probably every 1-2 minutes). Its about a notice about my old Spotify Account deletion (it was on a different email address) and I can't change my account or unsubscribe from it to stop the notifications. Is there anything I can do to stop this spam?

EDIT: They're currently investigating the issue right now since this is not just happening to me. I have already went to Support and told me that they are investigating. If you do have this issue. Please contact Spotify Support so they can help solve your issue. Thank you.

Thanks!

D149D05C-76D0-4DE4-B2D6-026EE9890B4C.jpeg

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us - we're happy to confirm that this should now be fixed.

If you're still receiving multiple emails confirming account closure, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @Activable!

Thanks for the heads up on this, I’ve flagged this backstage however just wanted to check if this is still happening as if it is the best next steps would be to get you in touch with Spotify’s Support Team so they can investigate your specific account? 

Let me know!

Visitor
I have the exact same problem too 😕
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Hey!
Is this still happening for you @1O49?

Hey @1O49 and @Activable,

Thanks for reporting this to us!

Can you please forward one of the emails to our support teams, so this can be investigated. You can reach out to them through this link and they'll be happy to provide you with an email address to forward it to.

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.

I’m also having the same issue and recently deleted an account. Emails are coming every hour. 

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Hi there @anyeung,

I'd recommend following the steps @Xenia has mentioned above as this is currently being investigated however it'd be great if you could touch base with the support team for next steps to get this stopped.

All the best!
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it. If you’re experiencing this, make sure to click +VOTE.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• Exact date when your Spotify account was closed. 
  • Number of email notifications you received. 

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this. 

Account close August 17, I have received about 50 emails since then.

Casual Listener

I have submitted my account to be closed on August 19. I have received the first e-mail about account closure on September 3. Been receiving the e-mails since.

Visitor

I have recieved 21 mails over the last few days. Most of them today. I believe I deleted it on Aug 23

Related Issues