Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Users unable to add songs to a playlist on iOS devices

Hey folks,

We've received reports that users are getting the error message "We couldn't open this link" when adding tracks on playlists on iOS.

Lyubka_1-1694067930119.png

This is being investigated. 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

Our tech folks have worked their magic backstage and this issue should now be fixed on the latest app version (8.8.69). 

We'd recommend that you check for updates in your App Store and make sure you're using this version.

Cheers!

Comments
camilla15

Sto riscontrando lo stesso problema da questa mattina. Non cambia nulla, sempre la solita scritta che “spotify non riesce ad aprire il link su questo dispositivo”.

Italia

Iphone XS

Piano gratuito

Non riesco inoltre ad andare nelle impostazioni di Spotify, non mi viene neanche fuori il tasto da cliccare. Quindi non so neanche la versione di Spotify che ho.

ShubhaBala

We're having the same issue specifically when using the "Add to playlist" Preview function.  When I click the plus sign it says "Couldn't open link on this deivce". It happened very suddenly starting this morning on THREE of my iPhones (but not the 4th!).  We've tried deleting, rebooting, doing a full delete data, etc, and reinstalling Spotify. 

A tech support person was very unhelpful and just told me some features get tried out and then removed (so in removing them they replaced it with an error message???).

My 4 year old autistic son relies on this to scroll through and listen to clips of songs so we NEED this fixed or we have to figure out a way to revert back to our pre-upgraded version of Spotify, since I assume it must have upgraded overnight and caused this?

ShubhaBala

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

3 different iPhones - a new iPhone SE, older iPhone SE, and an iPhone 7 or somehting

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

When I click "Add to playlist" in a playlist to get to the Song Preview function, I get the error msg "Couldn't open link. Spotify can't open this type of link on this device".".  This JUST started this morning on all 3 devices.  Used it fine yesterday.  No issue on a 4th device though (also an older iPhone SE - same model as the one that it's not working on - but the difference is that it was NOT plugged in or used for the past few weeks).

We've tried deleting, rebooting, doing a full delete data where we delete the cache in Spotify, delete data in Settings, etc, and reinstalling Spotify. 

A tech support person told me that some features get tried out and then removed, which makes no sense because why would they KEEP the button there but just randomly give you an error msg if they're removing the feature?? 

My 4 year old autistic son relies on this to scroll through and listen to clips of songs so we NEED this fixed or we have to figure out a way to revert back to our pre-upgraded version of Spotify, since I assume it must have upgraded overnight and caused this?

kurovampy

Your spotify may be outdated, but I am having the same issue, except I am on beta. I'd suggest trying to reinstall the app! If that doesn't work I would get some support if it persists! 

Thanks, and stay awesome! -kurovampy

ShubhaBala

I think it would be the opposite of outdated, right?  Because it just started this morning?

I reinstalled the app, did a "clean install", etc, etc.  I went to Spotify tech support and after walking me through things they ended with "well sometimes we try out features and then just decide not to have them anymore" which is CLEARLY not the issue given that it's an error msg and not just a missing feature AND I can already see about 3 other people describing the same issue today!

madchang88

i am having this issue as well

emilyinspace

having this issue when clicking the 'add to this playlist' button. restarted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, neither have fixed it. assuming this is an issue on spotifys end ? iphone 13, uk, latest app version

ilinca1

I have the exact same issues with an iph 14 pro max and premium duo plan. both the app and the phone are up to date with every update

sabi3

I have iphone 12 ios 16.6 Spotify version 8.8.68

and i have the same problem 

IMG_2109.png

sabi3

It doing the samething on my iPhone 7 

IMG_2109.png