Volume fluctuations between tracks on Mac and Android.

I'm trying to make the switch to Spotify after using Apple Music and Google Play but this one issue is driving me crazy... The volume of songs constantly changes from track to track on both the Mac desktop application and the Android app. Listening to a playlist on shuffle is next to impossible as one song will need to be turned up, then the following song will blow out my ear drums. I never once had this inconsistent volume issue with Apple or Google.

Not only does the "Set the same volume level for all songs" setting on the Mac app make no difference, it resets itself to the off position automatically every time I close the app. The normalize audio setting on the Android app is equally ineffective, but at least remains in whatever position it's set to.

Is there any way to have consistent volume levels on Spotify? This seems like such a basic thing...

Hey @Riffamortis!

We're closing this thread since we haven't had any recent updates.

You can open a new one if you need us again.

All the best.

Comments
Alfredo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @Riffamortis!

Could you send us your devices' OS and Spotify version? Also, when you turn on the "Set the same volume level for all songs" option when the app starts, does it work as intended?

For your mobile devices, try switching the option off and back on. Reinstalling Spotify could also help, so please give it a shot.

Keep us on the loop. 

Alfredo
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @Riffamortis!

We're closing this thread since we haven't had any recent updates.

You can open a new one if you need us again.

All the best.