Premium

Country

France

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Issue

I have been having this little (but quite annoying) issue for several weeks now. Whenever I change the volume by dragging the slider, it bounces randomly to other values than the one corresponding to the mouse position. This is way harder to explain than a good video so I created a gif (by the way, .mp4 file upload does not work here) :

spotify.gif

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Blopss

Is it the right place to report bugs though ?

Sebasty

Hey @Blopss 

That's a weird issue... and seems to happen to me as well.

Have you tried reinstalling the client? 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

Blopss
Hello,
I reinstalled the client as suggested and still have this issue.
I noticed that the issue does not occur before the first track is played, or something related to playback : if you startup the client, do not play any song and move the slider, there is no issue yet. But afterwards, even when a track is paused, the issue remains until the next client startup.
Sebasty

Hey @Blopss 

Thank you for letting me know 🙂

Please check if the issue still happens when you

1. go to offline mode;

2. don't touch the volume slider (eg does it move on its own too).

Do you happen to have any other devices with Spotify installed on (like mobile)?

Also, what is your Spotify version? You'll find that when you go to Spotify menu - Help - About Spotify.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Blopss
Indeed when I go to offline mode the problem disapears ! And reappears as soon as I leave offline mode.
The issue only occurs when I am dragging the slider. It never changes the volume on its own.

Spotify version : 1.1.20.510.g7d28aaaa
Same issue occurs at my job (windows 10 machine) with spotify auto-updating (I can't check the version for now though).
FWIW I have an android phone connected to the same premium account, do you think it could be a kind of synchronization occuring on the volume of both the PC and the phone ?

Katerina
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

We're received your reports about the volume slider having issues in the desktop app.

Our tech teams are looking into this.

If you're experiencing this, make sure to try a clean reinstallation with the steps in this Spotify Answer and if the issue persists after that, add your +VOTE and details here:

• Your device and its OS (operating system) version
  • The exact version of the Spotify app you're on
  • Does this occur when you have Offline Mode toggled on?
  • Any additional details for example if you're using Spotify Connect or a non-default audio interface when this happens, etc would be very helpful

We'll keep you posted here if we have any updates, thanks!

Katerina

Hey there @Sebasty - you mention that this issue occurs for you as well.

Just to confirm, could you let us know the make and OS version of the device you're using?

We'll make sure to pass it along to the teams looking into this.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Sebasty

@Katerina, sure 🙂

On Spotify client 1.1.21.1654.g282a2807 running on a Windows 7 laptop:

Volume knob does this:
test2.gif

Going offline mode doesn't change anything for me;

Like the user I helped, I don't get this issue when I start Spotify and haven't played anything yet;

I don't use Spotify elsewhere (except the windows phone client which has no connect feature):
It doesn't move on its own;

Using keyboard keys to modify volume works normally (ctrl + up/down).

Oh, and the audio interface is a default USB Focusrite interface. I have disabled everything else in device manager.

Hope this helps 🙂

miles_153
I've had this issue for a long time. I wrote Spotify at the end of June this year  about it but telling people to reinstall the software is in my opinion basically a slap in the face. I get software updates what seems to be every Friday isn't that technically a reinstall?

When I try offline mode though the slider seem to stop twitching.

Windows 10 Build 1909 x64
Spotify 1.1.22.633.g1bab253a
Peter

Hey folks,

We haven't heard from you in a while!

Could you confirm that you're still experiencing this issue?

If so, make sure to provide us with the exact Spotify version you're running and we'll continue to look into this.

Thanks - keep us posted!