Premium

Country

France

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Issue

I have been having this little (but quite annoying) issue for several weeks now. Whenever I change the volume by dragging the slider, it bounces randomly to other values than the one corresponding to the mouse position. This is way harder to explain than a good video so I created a gif (by the way, .mp4 file upload does not work here) :

spotify.gif

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Katerina

Hey there @masonmanley,

Thanks for sharing that!

We've passed it along to the right teams - we'll keep you posted here once we have any other updates.

Take care 🙂

Petya
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Geodactyl

Yeah, it's still doing it. Are the right folks still looking into it?

While not an exact timeline, is another six months reasonable expectation?

Great job.

MattTwo

This has been affecting me as well for as far back as I can remember (> 1 year?). I find that giving the slider focus by hovering and then rolling the middle mouse wheel is a better experience than trying to drag it. I am not sure why this bothers me so much - it just does. I can't help but wonder that if a basic volume control slider is so erratic and buggy, that other aspects of the code must also be of poor quality.

Canned response "We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this." acknowledged.

Clearly this must only be affecting a small portion of users and is not widespread or it would be getting much more attention. I came across a thread on Reddit describing similar behavior but no conclusion.

OS: Windows 10 (various builds up to and including 19041)

Application Version: 1.1.51.380.ga06fdc8d (Microsoft Store version)

For giggles, I uninstalled the "Microsoft Store version" and pulled a fresh copy from the official installer binary and ended up with '1.1.51.380.ga06fdc8d' also.

I am a software developer / power user. Worth mentioning in case I have something less-common present which might be conflicting with the UI calls.

AsherGZ

2 years later and this issue is still not resolved. What is Spotify paying its developers for?

september-928

Hello I am currently on version 1.1.54.592.gc0b20638 (Microsoft Store version)
and experiencing this issue. 

ikifar

Still an issue on December 29th 2023, annoying when trying to adjust volume with scroll wheel 

Spotify for Windows (64 bit)
1.2.26.1187.g36b715a1