Wear OS like button not working

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Plan: Free

Device: Samsung Galaxy S8+ and Fossil Q Sport watch

The smartwatch and phone are synced on whats playing on the spotify app and I can control pausing/playing songs but I can no longer use the "like/favorite" button on my watch to add songs to the liked playlist. When I press the like button from my watch it blinks green to show it was liked but then goes away after releasing the like button from a press. It only remembers a like from the phone now and it will sync with the watch eventually but the watch can not like a song anymore. This feature was especially helpful during workouts and driving but is now not as usable. Pressing the like button from my watch also visually shows the song track being forwarded in time to look like its skipping but when actually playing the song the green track indicator syncs with the phone again to show the real place in time the song was playing from. I've tried reseting my watch and even uninstalling and re-installing the spotify app from my Wear OS and i still have this problem.

Hey folks,

We're writing to thank you for staying with us as we collected all the needed info to help things improve.

The teams working on the improvements are all set and we'll be able to share the relevant updates as soon as any is available.

For this reason, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up-to-date to ensure you're on the latest version!

Comments
Aquarius17
Music Fan

Having the same problem for weeks now - please fix soon 👍🏼

natebierman

Same problem here, would love to see a fix

robbz23

Same issue here.  Samsung S10e and LG watch urbane.  Pushing the liked button will briefly flash the heart but it never actually likes the song

loucal
Visitor

Same issue with new fossil sport 1572 and LG stylo 5

WearOs v 2.12

System Version H MR1

Sec Patch 10/1/2019

stronglikedan
Regular

Four months (at least) and no fix?!? I am shocked..SHOCKED I say!

Spotify is too big to care anymore. 🤷‍♂️

loucal
Visitor

Let's just say they're lucky they gave me 6 months for $9.99 otherwise I'd be **bleep**.  Because of this I won't be renewing though, obviously

User2020
Fossil Q Founder paired with Pixel 3 affected by this big, too.
Gargone
Same problem exists July 2020...
Aquarius17
Music Fan

Spotify really doesn't seem to care - it's a fiasco!

Also still not possible to select a single track of your library on your smartwatch nor change the volume 🙄

Chillieweaves
Visitor

I just got the tic watch pro yesterday form my birthday, got it all set up, only to be disappointed with this issue from Spotify. One of the main reasons I got the watch was to be able to add and skip songs from discover weekly, while I’m at work and my phone is charging. 

Related Issues