[Web Player] Blank Search results after clicking a category

Hello, I have been experiencing the following issue for the last couple of weeks: when entering a search in the Web Player the different categories (Artists, Albums, Playlists, Podcasts, Episodes) are properly displayed but when I click on any of them the page becomes blank, whatever the keyword is (cf. screenshot).

Furthermore I use to be able to enter a search directly from this FF search engine which has now ceased to function so I assume some recent changes have been made to the player's search module itself.

Advanced search syntax ("artist:", "genre:", "track:", etc.) suffers from the same issue.

The desktop app does show the search results in categories properly.

Tested on current versions of Firefox and Chrome on different computers.

Screenshot 2019-08-31 at 11.16.37.png

Hello,

We've received reports from users that get a blank screen when clicking a category in the search results. If you are experiencing this, click +vote and leave a comment with the following:

• Device and OS
  • Web browser and version

We'll let you know as soon as we have more info.

0 Likes
Comments
LuHulio
Regular

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We tried to recreate this and clicking any of the categories works. Could you let us know which keyword you tried?

If you could also let us know the following:

• If clearing cache and cookies helps
  • If you are using a single or multiple monitor setup
  • What happens if you try a friend or family members account

Let us know what you can find. Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice weekend.

LuHulio
Regular

Hello Guido and thank you for helping.

This issue is particularly annoying to me as I like to search music by using the advanced search syntax ("year:", "genre:", etc.) which doesn't work any longer alongside the categories results issue. It used to work fine a few weeks ago.

Something strange I noticed is that the categories situated in the upper part of the screen (Top results, Artists, Songs, Albums, Playlists, Episodes, Podcasts) do work and show the results instantly. However clicking on any of the categories situated underneath (Artists, Albums, Playlists, Podcasts, Episodes) never loads a single result.

Here are the answers to your questions:

• I searched for multiple popular keywords like well known artists/bands (Metallica, The Beatles, Marvin Gaye, etc.), albums (The Dark Side of the Moon, Pet Sounds, etc.) and songs (My Generation, Imagine, etc.).
  • Clearing the cache and cookies did not solve the issue on the different browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Opera) I tested this on.
  • The three computers I'm experiencing these issues on have all single monitor setups.
  • No one in my entourage has a Spotify account unfortunately. I did notice however that when I log out of my account these searching issues remain. Furthermore I am not experiencing them on the desktop application so I would assume these problems are not related to my account.
LuHulio
Regular

@Guido wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We tried to recreate this and clicking any of the categories works. Could you let us know which keyword you tried?

If you could also let us know the following:

• If clearing cache and cookies helps
  • If you are using a single or multiple monitor setup
  • What happens if you try a friend or family members account

Let us know what you can find. Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice weekend.

Hello Guido, any update one this issue?

Hello @LuHulio,

It appears to happen to me as well so we've moved it to Ongoing Issues.

We just need a third person to report this and we can create a ticket on our own end.

Status changed to: Need more info

Hello,

We've received reports from users that get a blank screen when clicking a category in the search results. If you are experiencing this, click +vote and leave a comment with the following:

• Device and OS
  • Web browser and version

We'll let you know as soon as we have more info.