Free

Country

USA

Device

Laptop 

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

I am on spotify web player and I am having a problem that you can see in the picture below. There is a gray bar that is impeding me from seeing some of the songs on my list. I can scroll down however and see the songs I can't see currently. 

Capture.PNG

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks! 

Comments
chrisrcoldoge

[FIXED] 1/30/2021

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

US

Device

(Chromebook)

Operating System

(ChromeOS Version 86.0.4240.112)

My Question or Issue

Web Player, Black Bar obstructs screen, not an ad space or anything, just a bar, 

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 07.32.40.png
Oves225
And to make it clear, I tried refresh, restarting google, and then restarting my laptop.
Mihail

Hey @chrisrcoldoge,

Thanks for reaching out.

Sometimes your browser's cache and cookies can cause issues resulting in the error message you see. Make sure you try again in a private/incognito window to avoid this possibility when trying to subscribe.   

You can also try another device, if that's an available option for you. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

advaitp

I am facing the same problem. It began yesterday or the day before. The bar disappears when I log out of Spotify, and appears again when I log in. I guess logging with another name isn't a solution, seeing as someone else faces it as well.

Plus, I tried resetting the cookies and browser history, everything, the whole nine yards, as well. This problem is persistent on two different desktops. I need a solution that removes this gray bar, I do not wish for a workaround like trying different login or browser.

I too use the free subscription, but in Austria.

PixelatedHeart

You're not alone. 😞 Same problem, free plan, UK.

advaitp
Hello @Mihail, this does not solve the problem, since there's another thread where me and two others have reported the same problem. We are all in three different regions viz. US, Austria, UK. I am sharing a link to that thread here, so that all of us obtain a solution together.
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/Web-Player-Gray-Bar-under-songs-to-where-I-can-t-...
advaitp
Gonna add here that the problem persists still on not just two, but three different desktops.
Alex

Hi there @advaitp,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you let us know if this is happening when you use another browser as well? Also, does it happen when you're logged in with a different account? Since we're not able to reproduce this on our end it might be something specific to your set up.

We need to gather more info before we can report this 🙂

Cheers.

advaitp
Hi Alex. Thank you for replying. Yes, the problem persists with another browser, and in another account. I mentioned a thread above, like I have said over there, this is happening on 3 desktops.
Alex
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

The gray bar seems to be the space where ads would appear normally.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.