Free

Country

USA

Device

Laptop 

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

I am on spotify web player and I am having a problem that you can see in the picture below. There is a gray bar that is impeding me from seeing some of the songs on my list. I can scroll down however and see the songs I can't see currently. 

Capture.PNG

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks! 

Comments
chrisrcoldoge

@Mihail I've cleared cache and cookies, logged out logged in, still no dice as of today.

I have no extensions, or ad blockers, never have.

cp16

did you guys find out anything yet

Ms_Musical

Plan:Free, Country:USA, Device: Laptop, Operating System: Chromebook 3400Plan:Free, Country:USA, Device: Laptop, Operating System: Chromebook 3400

chrisrcoldoge

@cp16 no, no luck

elysav

@Alex the same issue is happening to me. i have tried all the solutions previously talked about in this thread, and I want to add that I am not using a web browser, but the app on my Chromebook. the bar is showing up and persistently stays there, making me scroll a lot to reveal songs and sometimes covering them. please give me a solution to this issue, and not a workaround like logging out and whatnot.

Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 2.12.43 PM.png

3ras0r7

@Alex  I'm also having this problem. I've logged out and when I do the bar goes away but when I log in its there again. I've also cleared my cache, exited the site, and restarted my computer. Nothing seems to be working and it's really irritating because it blocks songs, I have noticed it goes away when another add is playing but it comes right back after the add is gone.

chrisrcoldoge

question for @elysav did you download spotify through the play store, or near the web address in the web player?

the download by the web address is the web player but its just cleaned up and added as a shortcut on your chromebook, like a separate browser window

Now i'm no detective or Spotify team member, but i am perceptive. Correct me if in wrong but this issue is only happening on ChromeOS or Chromebook devices, in the web browser (exempt a few cases)  , and for free users (probably because of the open ad space it would be) 

something else that supports the open ad space is when interrupting advertisements show, the bar is replaced with the square of currently playing advertisement         notice the bar is missing @3ras0r7 acknowledged this above

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 12.44.55.png

advaitp

Dear all, and @Mihail & @Alex ,

I would like to confirm that today I have found the player back to normal. Ergo, the gray bar has vanished. I can confirm this to two of the three different desktops I noted this problem on. I hope the third desktop will yield the same result, and I hope this normalcy is now here to stay. I do hope everyone else's Web Player is back to normal as well. Thanks to you all for the support.

Greetings from Austria,

Advait

PixelatedHeart

I would like to update and say that the bar is gone for me as well!

chrisrcoldoge

I too would also like to add that it has vanished, much appreciated to the members who helped raise awareness and share this problem, thanks to the team members that fixed this (i hope).

Thanks for the help!!

Edit: @Oves225 if the issue has resolved for you, please mark parent post as [FIXED] so no one is gravedigging this.