[Web Player] [Firefox] Web Player won't start the next track

My web player does this weird thing and it's annoying. I start listening to e.g. an album, listen to a song and wait for the next one to start but it doesn't. I go to see what's up and the web player has gone to the next song but the song progress bar is almost at the end of the next song and paused. The song itself is not paused but the bar is static and no sound comes out. Any thoughts?

Hey folks,

The team have been looking at things here, and we can confirm this should now be fixed.

If you're still experiencing this issue, please can you make sure you've updated to the latest version of Firefox?

If this doesn't help, we'd recommend reaching out in a new thread so that we can better help.

Many thanks!

/M

Related Issues

Comments
SebSept

Hi,

On friday, it was ok.
I play spotify on firefox linux (59.0.2 64 bits)
I have a premium spotify account.
Since a few hours, playlists stops after first track. It looks like it's playing but there's no sound. So I have to jump to next track, go back, press stop, then play.

So spotify has became useless :/

I refreshed the page, removed the cache, problem still here ...

true_brew

I'm having this exact problem as well. Logging out/back in, deleting cookies/cache, and using multiple tabs did not work.

lazyfox13
Casual Listener

Likewise having this problem. It will play a song, go to the next track, and stop playing. What's more is that I get a weird display issue on the time bar--the length of the last song will display to the left of it (instead of the current play time on the current track). The reticle thingy will be stuck halfway through the song or so (or at the end). When I move it to the beginning of the new track, the time thing corrects itself and the track starts playing correctly. But I have to do this for every track! Hope this gets addressed soon.

OnBoard
Regular

Same here, skipping to almost end of next track after every track and got to manually "skip back" to beginning of the song and it plays fine and after song ends problem repeats.

migges_

same problem here

meppyman
Casual Listener

Yep this just started happening for me too. Firefox 59.0.2 (64-bit) on Windows 10. About to try Chrome and will try private mode too..

derbohne

Same here.

When i'm listening on the phone, it's fine.

I think, it's caused due to crossfade, which is missing on the webplayer :/

mantyomena
Casual Listener

Have you tried without the crossfade?

derbohne

I'm mainly listen to ABGT (Above & Beyond Group Therapy), which is working with crossfade on on my phone.

I will try any other album on the web player and report back.

EDIT:

Update - i get the error with any album on the webplayer, even if i deactivate crossfade and related options on any device. As i see on the forums, this issue is in several regions when using the webplayer.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hey @derbohne @mantyomena! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Have you tried to use a different browser or clearing your browser cache/cookies to see if that helps?

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace