[Web Player] [Firefox] Web Player won't start the next track

My web player does this weird thing and it's annoying. I start listening to e.g. an album, listen to a song and wait for the next one to start but it doesn't. I go to see what's up and the web player has gone to the next song but the song progress bar is almost at the end of the next song and paused. The song itself is not paused but the bar is static and no sound comes out. Any thoughts?

Hey folks,

The team have been looking at things here, and we can confirm this should now be fixed.

If you're still experiencing this issue, please can you make sure you've updated to the latest version of Firefox?

If this doesn't help, we'd recommend reaching out in a new thread so that we can better help.

Many thanks!

/M

Comments
iwanttopostabug

Same Firefox version (59.0.2 64 bits) but in Windows 10.
I've tried the same things SebSept did but no success.

I can't see any error in the F12 console.
I'm attaching a gif reporting the behaviour. Hope it helps.

spotify_stop_album.gif
d01q97h8gzccyza

Hello,

the same issue for me. Firefox, Windows.

I observed, that the player actually goes for next song, but the slide bar is not reseted to 0m:00s so the song is not played. 

mantyomena
Casual Listener

I didn't have crossfade enabled in my settings. I have used web player at home with Chrome and at work with Firefox, no change.

But I tried something and it seems to have worked, at least for a while. I disabled the option under crossfade. I don't what the option is in english, my app is in finnish. Something to do with allowing to play without pause or whatever. My spotify version on my phone is 8.4.49.462 armV7 if that helps.

I'll keep monitoring if the effect stands the test of time.

minostify

+1

mantyomena
Casual Listener

No dice, didn't work. Web Player starts the next song if I manually scroll to the current song's end (5 sec before the end) and let it play. But it doesn't advance to the next song if I let play the song entirely.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

@mantyomena @derbohne

It seems that the crossfade feature is acting up.

I'l escalate this issue to the support. I will reply with help soon. ^^

Peace

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

@mantyomena @derbohne

Could you please restart the device and internet connection > Try to use the Web player again from a Google Chrome incognito Window if possible?

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

mantyomena
Casual Listener

Sure, I'll do that as soon as I get home. Can't use Chrome here at work, as I said I can't install software on my laptop.

jimmydecay

When attempting to listen to a playlist/album, when the current song ends, it queues up the next song in the list, however the progress marker does not reset to 0:00.  It will remain at the time marker of the end of the previous song.  The end time will update to the new song, however.

If you manually move the progress tracker to anywhere else, it will start playing.  Using the skip button works.

I've tried clearing cookies/cache.  Using Firefox 52.7.2 (cannot update due to work).  I've tried IE, but the browser is not supported according to Spotify.  No other web browsers available.

wingfan14

This is on a windows free version web player:  I notice that while it looks like it is playing the next song, the progress bar will show the total time of the next track, but the position indicator is showing the position of the time for the end of the previous track.  For example, 3 tracks in sequence.  track 1 is 4:59 long, track 2 is 3:17, track 3 is 5:45.  Track one plays thru to the end.  Track 2 becomes "Active" (Green Font), The start position indicates 4:59, the end position indicates 3:17, with the progrees bar showing full green all the way across, but track 2 does not play.  If you 'rewind' (left arrow), track 2 will begin playing and the position indicator times will self-correct.  When track 2 plays to the end, track 3 will become active (again, font turns green) and the position indicator will show the starting position of 3:17 with an ending time of 5:45 and the position indicator bar will be 2/3  the way across (3:17 of 5:45), but will not play untile you 'rewind' it to the start of the position indicator.  It only recently started doing this and this is a newly created playlist, but it does it on older play lists I have also.  Ads seem to play just fine fwiw...

Spotifyissue1.PNG
Spotifyissue2.PNG