[Web Player] Liked button not showing if the song has been liked

Plan

Premium (actually it's premium, I deleted the wrong thing 🙂 )

Country

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Device

PC and OnePlus 3

Operating System

Windows and Android

My Question or Issue

In the actual player where the "heart" is(that shows if the song has been liked) it's always showing like it's not, and that's a bit confusing because most of the times it is. Can you help me?
Thanks in advance

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
zeryen

Thank you!

I made a GIF for you. Please see attached file

record.gif
PH4NTOMiki
Casual Listener

The song Take Care of You is really liked.

PH4NTOMiki_0-1598450500040.png

Here Take Care of You doesn't show it has been liked.

And on Android phone(see attachment) it does show it has been liked already.

118552832_702218450636312_3745122379658901445_n.jpg
PH4NTOMiki
Casual Listener

It's exactly the same for me, when I do that(click on 3 dots) it loads that it has been liked already.

Joel-M
Composer

Hey @PH4NTOMiki, and @zeryen,

Thank you for your screenshot/GIF. I can see your problem. I would recommend you following the steps below. Please make sure to do EVERY step. Thanks!

Step 1: Restart your device

Step 2: Log out and back in

Step 3: Use a different internet connection

Step 4: Press the heart and then press it again

Step 5: Use VPN (if you have one) LOL

Step 6: Contact Customer Service

I hope some of these steps helped you if not, don't worry. Because I did manage to find two people in the Community who has had this somewhat same problem. It is similar but not too similar, but I think it might help you with your issue. To see them please clicking here and here.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes. Thanks!

zeryen

Hello!

None of these suggestions work. We have problem on Web player only. So your similar issues are not the same

Joel-M
Composer

Hey @zeryen,

Thank you for getting back to me. There is nothing I can do for you if you have already tried those suggestions. So I would recommend you check out this link. It will direct you to the Ongoing issues page. From there you can post your issue and it will go directly to the Spotify Moderators who will look at it and send it to the Spotify Developers. Hope this helps.

Have a great day ahead of you.

zeryen
Hey @Joel-M

Unfortunately i can't post any issue from the link you sent(( Maybe we can up this topic to moderators
PH4NTOMiki
Casual Listener

I can't post it on that page either, as @zeryen already said, can you make this viewable to moderators, or post it yourself, it would be greatly appreciated @Joel-M

Joel-M
Composer

Hey @PH4NTOMiki, and @zeryen,

So I did a little research. All Spotify users who are using Spotify are required to use the "official Spotify desktop App" Not the Web Player. The web player is only a secondary back up system. So if you have not downloaded the Desktop app I would suggest you do it now. To do that please click here.

So I have to find it somewhere in the Community about escalating a topic. There are requirements needed to be done before escalating a topic in the Community, and I am trying to find it before escalating this message. I will let you know if this message is allowed to be escalated ASAP when I find the "escalating topics" requirements. Thank you for your patience.

Have a great day.

zeryen

This is so bad that web player is not primary. It should be. I prefer listen from Web. I think its much more convenient than desktop app

Related Issues