Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Mini picture in picture player won't pause music

Hey folks,

We're seeing reports that the pause button in the mini player is stuck and not working. We've just merged a few threads together to keep you all in the loop. 

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your browser is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
majas22

Plan

Premium

Country

Serbia

Device

Chrome web player

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I am using picture-in-picture mode I cannot pause song. I need to go back to tab opened in browser. 

Alex

Hi there @majas22,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Have you tried using a different browser?

Also it would be very helpful if you upload some screenshots to see how things look on your end.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Cheers.

majas22

Hey @alex 

Here is screenshot from Chrome 

15.png

Mihail

Hey @majas22,

Thanks for getting back to us and the screenshot.

Could you please share, whether or not you can replicate the behavior when using another browser or an incognito tab? If it works properly there, it would seem that the data stored in the original browser might be causing the issue. In that case we recommend updating the browser and removing the cache an cookies to see if that fixes things.

Keep us posted, we'd love to investigate this further. 

majas22

Hey, so I tried 
1. Chrome - doesn't work

2. Edge - doesn't work

3. Firefox - doesn't have this option 

4. IE - web player is not supported 

And it's not working in incognito. 🙂 

So it's only for 'Pause' when song is already playing, 'Play' works good.

Thanks for replay 

Mihail

Hey @majas22,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the troubleshooting you've done.

We appreciate your report about this behavior and passed it along to the right folks at out developer team. We can't say if and when exactly this will be fixed, but we recommend that you always keep the browser up to date with the latest version. That way you'll make use of all features and fixes, as soon as they are made available.

Hope you find this useful.  We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

major_ziggy

I've really enjoyed the spotify mini popout player that's on the web version of the service, however, today I noticed that I no longer have a way to pause the music.  I can still play and skip songs no problem, just no pausing.  Is anybody else having this issue?

major_ziggy

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Web Player

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The pop-out player on the web player no longer pauses the music.  There are still buttons to skip and play, but once the music is playing, the play button is supposed to be replaced with a pause button, but that doesn't happen and leaves me with no way to pause.

Capture.PNG

Novy

Hey @major_ziggy

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

We'd recommend making sure that your browser is up to date. 

You can also try clearing the browser's cache and cookies to see if there's any difference. 

Let us know how it goes.

Richard147

I seem to be having the same issue with playing and pausing using the mini player.

I have tried clearing my cookies and cache and my browser (google chrome) is up to date. 

After a while of troubleshooting I have found that the mini player works partially. The forward and back button work properly and I am able to use the play button if I double click the play button. I am unable to pause using the play button so it seems to me like the button is stuck in play mode and the button does not switch from being a play button to a pause button once audio has started playing.