Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Mini picture in picture player won't pause music

Hey folks,

We're seeing reports that the pause button in the mini player is stuck and not working. We've just merged a few threads together to keep you all in the loop. 

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your browser is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
robigouk

Hey Spotify - any news on this?  Surely it's not that much of a big fix????

robigouk

C'mon guys, another 3 weeks have gone past and no fix/update?

robigouk

another 2 weeks - no fix....

chats_meow_

Update: The player now shows the pause button! BUT now it cannot play after it's been paused, so essentially the opposite of the original problem. All of the other buttons still work. 

robigouk

it's Fixed! woooo!  (it's great when you're working on a remote desktop session and it stays on top so you can control music without coming out of your session) 🙂

Spotify - please add this to the desktop player (I think it would be very appreciated) 🙂

Anantharaman
Can't confirm that with the current 0.2.4 version - and have found a
fair work-around by using the play-control on the right of the chrome
menu-bar (left of the account-icon) - since my "sessiis predominantly in
chrome anyway ...
Eni

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. 

If you're still experiencing this issue, we suggest that you try logging out > clearing your browser's cache > logging back in. Then let us know if it works as expected now.

If it isn't, could you send us the exact make/model, operating system of your device and the version of your browsers? This would help us to keep investigating.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Anantharaman
After re-starting Chrome I now have all functions, i.e. both alternating pause/play as well as skip forward and -backward.
Mihail
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your browser is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

robigouk

Good morning - this problem has re-appeared 😞  I can pause music with the pop miniplayer but it won't "Play" (I have to go back to the actual web page to hit the main play button).

Please sort out asap (hopefully it won't take weeks like last time) 😞