Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Mini picture in picture player won't pause music

Hey folks,

We're seeing reports that the pause button in the mini player is stuck and not working. We've just merged a few threads together to keep you all in the loop. 

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your browser is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Novy

Hey there @Richard147,

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Would you mind letting us know if you notice anything new after reinstalling the extension on Chrome?

If possible, could you try using a different computer with the same browser to see if you can replicate this behavior? 

Keep us posted.

chats_meow_

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Chromebook and HP Computer (?)

My Question or Issue

No matter which computer I use, when I play Spotify from the Chrome web player and try to use the miniplayer, it won't pause! It will play, skip forwards and back, and close the player, but never pause. Please help! I'd love to be able to have it over my other tabs and apps! Thank you!

(It looks like the image below no matter if it's played or paused. The website itself can pause, but not the miniplayer.)

Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 3.14.37 PM.png

Jeremy

Hey there @chats_meow_,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you try to clear your cache and cookies to see if the issue persist?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

chats_meow_
Sorry, neither of those worked 😞 and I don't know a lot about cookies and cache but I tried my best.
I also tried using the pop-out web player, clearing the cookies on the website alone (they just came back), updating my extensions, and turning extensions off altogether.
Jeremy

Hi again @chats_meow_,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you try to update your Chromebook's operating system? You can do that by following these steps.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

Yes_0

I can confirm that this is happening to me as well. I've also experienced this issue on an HP Chromebook as well, but I don't remember the exact model.

Device: Windows 10 Home x64 (Desktop) and Chromebook, Spotify Web Player (open.spotify.com)

Yes_0_0-1620230999519.png

Screenshot shows that the picture-in-picture mode still shows the play button and not the pause button, even though the song is already playing. This makes pausing songs impossible using picture-in-picture mode.

CarlosE

Hey there @Yes_0,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you let us know if the same behavior persists in different browsers and using an incognito/private window?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

robigouk

I have noticed this also very annoying.

robigouk

I have this problem any idea how to solve it? Tried the above.

CarlosE

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Sorry for the delayed reply. We've just come across this thread.

We're aware of this and the right folks are currently looking into it. We can't commit to a timeframe for when this will be fixed, but hopefully it'll be soon.

Apologies for any inconvenience. If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Take care!