Announcements

[Web Player] No scrollbar for Playlists sidebar when using Firefox

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

2020 imac

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

catalina 10.15.5

My Question or Issue

I just noticed (not sure how long it's been missing?) but I'm unable to scroll down to see all of my playlists - on firefox only. When I opened Chrome, it works fine. On the Firefox browser there is no scrollbar visible. (I've also tried resizing my window, I deleted cookies and cache) nothing seems to work.
I found previous problems similar to this dating back to 2016, so I'm guessing those threads no longer apply. Those threads either say "this is a known problem" or to delete cache/cookies - which I did.

Any advice? Thanks!
For now I'll just use Chrome, but it's not my browser of choice.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version and you cleared your browser's cache and cookies.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Velex
Regular

Plan

Free

Country

Taiwan

Device

Macbook Pro 2019

Operating System

macos mojave

My Question or Issue

I cannot scroll through the list of playlists in the sidebar.

Jeremy

Hey there @Cyenobite,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you let us know if you have Firefox 47+ since that's supported.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

Alex

Hi there @Velex,

Welcome to the Community!

We'd like to help, but we need a bit more info. Are you talking about the Desktop app on your Mac? Also, did this start happening recently? Some screenshots or a screen recording would also be helpful, so we can see how things look on your end.

In the meantime we'd recommend you run a clean reinstall of the app. You can have a look at this Spotify Answer for a detailed guide on how to do that 🙂

Let us know how it goes.

Cyenobite
Casual Listener

Thanks Jeremy, I'm currently using the most recent update of Firefox - 83.0 (64-bit).

Cyenobite
Casual Listener

Hi Alex,
Thanks for the reply.

Not sure if you read my post though as I clearly stated I was using the browser Firefox and not using the desktop app.

I'll attempt to add a screenshot, but it's really just to show that there is no scrollbar as I described in the post.

(note, the screenshot does show another "glitch" where the "install app" is on TOP of the wording of the playlists - it's not like this on my Chrome browser).

Cyenobite
Casual Listener

second attempt to upload screenshot.

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 12.04.44 PM.png

Jeremy

Hey again @Cyenobite,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation. We're sorry for the confusion.

It's always a good idea to try with a private/incognito window to see if the issue persists.

Note: Not having an updated browser, a third-party plugin installed, or an out of date java version can cause many issues.

Also - can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persists?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

Cyenobite
Casual Listener

Thank you for the reply Jeremy.

I tried the private/incognito option you suggested and had the same results (scrollbar for playlists not showing).
I think I stated above I was using the most recent build of Firefox (83.0).
I've also tried disabling both plug-ins that I have and it did not help either.

Peter

Hi again @Cyenobite,

Thanks for trying that and for keeping us posted.

Just to confirm, did you try using a different connection like another WiFi network or a hotspot? If possible, can you also give it a try from a different device?

Keep us in the loop on how this goes.

klsrs
Visitor

Hi 😃

I am facing exatly the same issue as described above.

I have tried it now on my linux and my mac machine.

And also in different networks (at home and in the office) for each machine.

It always loos just like on the screenshot that was posted earlier.

Thanks for your help!

Related Issues